1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Clancy's The Division

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Scroosh, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Azrael

Azrael Member

Ran the DZ tonight with a random PUG from the Reddit Division discord, ended up with 25 caches (all garbage), but another 200 div tech.

Also realised that i have a well rolled Liberator in my stash, so popped that out to use. But with 7000FA its very glass cannon, so i rerolled my Nomad gear to STA, and it ends up like this:
    [​IMG]

Sacrificed a bit of DPS, but damn its a better build.

2. Cyph

Cyph Member

Have finally booted this back up recently - doing West Side Pier running around is quite fun - even found a Classified Sentrys Call mask in one of the rewards, which was a nice buff really.

Also, encountering fellow Aussies using voice in the Dark Zone is a nice surprise, especially as you tend to just go your own way from that point on.

3. Azrael

Azrael Member

I keep seeing you pop up as logging in just before I’m about to log out. Should have a run sometime.

I built up a 7.5k STA D3/Nomad build last night. Pretty beastly build, and can basically stand infront of War or Pestilence as a massive damage soak. 750k health on the shield.

4. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

Been playing this because it was on sale.

Must admit from like level 4 to 15 i had a pretty hard time with some missions.
    Usually its just something fustrating like you do most of a mission then mobs spawn really close to you or something. Because im made from paper im mostly playing it like sniper elite, im actually really surprised ive had any issue with the combat i play a hell of a lot of shooters.

Anyway, just wanted to ask , once i grind to the endgame how hard is it to find groups?

How bad is the game if you group with americans? Is it playable?

Sounds like there is a pretty small number of aussies playing so if the netcode is trash i may just not bother getting to the endgame.

5. Azrael

Azrael Member

Its pretty good at endgame, there is a discord server that makes getting in decent groups pretty easy, and even with the distance its quite playable with EU and US servers.

6. Frag

Frag Member

Nah, plenty of players still. Netcode isnt trash its very tolerant if anything, you wont have any issues finding groups for missions and or end game activities. And 1 to 30 isnt a grind, it should be the most fun and story is pretty sweet. Level 30 becomes the grind for end game gear so yeah..

If you need a hand yell out, happy to lend a hand if we are not doing PvP.

7. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

Kk cheers guys.

Yeah its not so bad now, i did like the first 15 levels with no health stat armour so it was more of a pain than it needed to be.

8. Azrael

Azrael Member

This morning I jumped into a group on discord that was power leveling a L23 with my L4 alt. Burned through from L4 to 20 in about 45 mins. Time to push on to L30 so I can equip the classy sets on that alt.

9. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

well at 280, im still sorting out my set a bit and chasing a few items.

i've mostly been doing underground and light zone bosses, i guess at this point i need to start grinding the dark zone currency to level up the set items i like to max level.

i actually like high end weapons heaps more than exotic because really early on i got a ilvl284 pp-19 that really did great work helping me farm gear and i've got a few 285 weapons that are really good but all the exotics drop at 275-280 and just seem worse.

the perk system on high ends is nice too , i have a 285 shotgun with 2 healing perks and a reload perk that's amazing , i would have prefered the reload one be something like penetration or crit or something but i wanted to try 2 heals on a shotgun and its super fun running around with it in the open map just for shooting the named bosses in the face lol.

really hope a 285 sniper drops soon because when i do farm dark zone currency i need to use it on my gear set items not weapons to level them up because it would take a year to get a all my set items to drop at 280+.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  10. Azrael

Azrael Member

You will find that optimisation will be easier soon. As Div tech will drop from caches.

11. Fai

Fai Member

For today only this is 70% off at the ubisoft store. Both main game and season pass at $18 aud EACH. The season pass is tempting!

12. Azrael

Azrael Member

Definitely do it. Currently there is a month of global events for the birthday.

13. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Is everyone using the OCAU Division Discord for this?
    Thinking of jumping in tonight or over the weekend.

14. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Siege brah, siege LOL

15. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Nah, doesnt appeal to me. More interested in looter shooters or things of that ilk.

16. Azrael

Azrael Member

What is the OCAU Div discord? Im mainly on the Reddit and AU ones.

17. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Tis voice chat it is.

18. Azrael

Azrael Member

Duh, i know what Discord is. I'm asking what is the server that we are using.

Found it though

19. amisty

amisty Member

i got sucked in to the division again just to finish story after a run of siege.
    im stuck on a side mission called Unauthorized access but as i walk miles to get to it from the nearest safe house another side mission activates called Neutralise lieutenants which i have done numerous times and Unauthorized access wont activate until i do Neutralise lieutenants!

Anyone experienced this? I think its part of 1.8 update West side pier.

20. warhead

warhead Member

Unauthorised access sounds like a mission in the West side piers area. Those missions are randomly generated every 10-15mins so you will always have missions to do in that area