1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Clancy's The Division

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Scroosh, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Alkahestic

Alkahestic Member

No need to rub it in some more man. I love my ARs and LMGs and I'm still waiting for a yellow drop. I've got two yellow knee pads though... for what it's worth.

2. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Best to go into DZ at 30, or can you do it any time after 10 to get some good gear?

My weapons are looking a little long in the tooth.

3. Alkahestic

Alkahestic Member

Go in anytime. If you're not 30 you'll get placed in a level appropriate bracket. The only catch is you won't get any normal xp for your campaign levelling. And of course youndont get any supplies to upgrade your base with. But you'll definitely get better equipment drops and get a taste of pvp ;)

4. iNoob

iNoob Member

usually better to go at the higher end of your current bracket.

5. Frag

Frag Member

Its been nerfed now, I think going the vector blue prints is your best bet for that aspect. I'll muck about with it but from what Serg was saying he wasn't that impressed though his CHD numbers were very low as he wasnt geared for the CHC (so 70 CHD i think).

EDIT: Just checked latest changelog, even though it shows the signature talent cdr, it has been disabled so the midas is not worth it at the moment - vector is the way to go for wep if you need craft one :)

Once I get one farming build going things will get easier =), I think the Caduceus will be my staple keeping skill reset low, will work on increasing dps too :) Need damn Phoenix points :p

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  6. Jawar

Jawar Member

Will try to add a couple of you around the similar level and try to get some groups going, I'm currently level 15. Had a couple of cracks in DZ to see if I could stumble onto some easy upgrades but didnt hang around too long to get anything fantastic.

Uplay name is Jawar.AU

7. Fai

Fai Member

I have tried both a few times but always revert back to the bolt action. For my play style I'm far more accurate with it even though the semi-auto focuses faster it doesn't seem to hit where I want. It also seems the bolt action is far more accurate when the receptacle is at say 80% but could be just me. I just prefer the hard hitting shots over rpm. Funny thing though is I'm never a fan of shotties even though I know they pack a punch, I think the constant reloads and too close qtrs kills it for me.

8. Frag

Frag Member

Just read some torrid reviews of this game -

PC Gamer
    IGN AU

Wow, I really felt that these reviews were almost based on hype and as such marked down critically for that reason. I was lucky, I usually dont look out for games so when a good one comes out that I enjoy I just grab it. Ie my first taste was the beta.

The division MP aspect is a lot of fun, it gives a robust team cover shooter experience... reminds me of some arcade games of old.

PC Gamer harked on about shallow skills/talents - and while I agree that some of them make you scratch you head, i admit that is because of my lack of time actually experimenting with them.

Being honest I would currently rate the game at 82 to 87%. Mainly because the co-op aspect is a blast, I havent had so much fun wasting time in a game in awhile. As a hardcore d3 player I like the grind because I like the game, love seeing a yellow drop or some upgrade.

Heck, ive had a few little "adrenalin" boosts in this game when things went sideways in DZ .. only other game that has ever done that was d3 at the cusp of death.

So to be fair while the division has a heap of improvements, I think the core is done pretty well. You have a fun co-op game as well as a great team based PvP. I scratch my head and try to think of another team PvP game in such an open environment with so much diversity and RPG mechanics...

I dont have a console, so have not played Destiny but it seems these poor reviews are always drawing comparisons to destiny.

Anyway, with the future content and whats there now I know I got my money worth, heck my 1am+ turn in time is a testament to that as I have not had late nights playing games for a very long time lol.

9. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

The orange weapon skin was available at the Appearance Vendor a few days ago, since then somehow it took over all my weapons, including the shirt. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

[​IMG]

Stats are a bit better balanced now, much better than my previous glass cannon. :thumbup:

10. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

PC? Add me? Steam/Uplay: tiessar.
    I'm not lvl 30 though, just need friends to drop in on unexpectedly lol.

11. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

PC: I just added you. uPlay: MaxximusD

12. Unframed

Unframed Member

Where is the appearance vendor?

13. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Sorry Warhead, I play with a controller so cant use chat. Was just logging off. Next time :)

14. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Good guide to see how lowering stuff effects performance..

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/tom-clancys-the-division-graphics-and-performance-guide

Ive found good gains to be had with very minimal notice by doing the following:

depth of field off
    local reflection low
    Object detail 45%
    particle detail medium
    shadow high
    shadow resolution low
    sharpening high
    spot shadow medium
    spot shaow res medium
    volumetric fog medium

Also is it possible to do missions without match making? I like solo sometimes.

15. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Aussies rejoice, Delta error! Ubisoft's Core 2 Duo powered au boxes have overheated....

Yeap! I probably did 75% of missions solo. But re-doing them as a team as well for good co-op fun.

As you enter HQ, it's on the far right. I think you unlock it using tech.

16. hvalac

hvalac Member

I was in the middle of running a mate through the last mission on hard.... I dc'd however he is still running..... he's located in NZ.

17. Smoke87

Smoke87 Member

Anyone else lose their stash today? Everything gone :(

EDIT: I'm still online...

EDIT: Oh dear I see the 'extracted' tab now :D

18. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Hamsters must be tired. Servers are absolute shit and lagging tonight :thumbdn:

19. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Posting here complaining about lag because can't do shit in game right now.

20. Oxygenation

Oxygenation Member

dang crap servers? I'm getting this tomorrow, was looking forward for the weekend :upset: