Transformers: War for Cybertron

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Oppressa, Jan 23, 2010.

1. zzyss

zzyss Member

LOL, I've gotten used to epic install times on PS3. If it isn't an install then it's a patch that needs to be downloaded. Hopefully it will be slightly quicker on the Slim... can't wait!

2. droopz

droopz Member

Got my Steam copy gifted to me and installed. Plenty of fun. Controls are fine for me and the FPS cap doesn't bother me at all. Game play is frantic and if you can maintain a core group of friends to play with, there is no reason you wont enjoy the MP for quite some time after release.

3. hellaflush

hellaflush Member

can someone gift me on steam godamnit!

paypal/direct deposit available

4. droopz

droopz Member

No point asking here mate. You'll have to find someone in the US. :thumbup:

5. hellaflush

hellaflush Member

how about who gifted you? :D

6. droopz

droopz Member

I just asked in a thread over at Offtopic's gaming section. I don't want to be a pain in a ass over there asking for more favors.

7. RobV

RobV Member

I bit the bullet and just went and got the PS3 version from JB hifi for $59, excellent value.

I wanted the PC version but heard they left out a few features like the ability to chat and that you cant change your key bindings, so decided to get the ps3 version at such a low price.

I also think that the console versions will have more people in multiplayer.

Installing it now, will see how it goes.

8. mixology

mixology Member

After playing 3 Acts in the decepticon campaign I just blown away by the, awesome boss battles and the ability to pick other characters and not just stick with the one single autobot/decpticon protagonist.

the environment and setting was well fitting especially when its not on earth, so far i've played
    starscream, megatron, and soundwave.
    , which they fit in different classics and have different abilities.

Gun are limited to your basics sniper, shotgun, assault rifle, acoged rifles but there's some awesome ones like the pew pew IMMMAA CHARGING MY LAZERS one, and an awesome TF2 HEAVY STYLE MACHINE GUN. Grenades also have special attributes, so far i've found a healing grenade, emp, and your basic frag.

highly recommend this game, especially after activision have been releasing such dud transformer games to make an extra few bucks following the success of the transformer movie. BTW: this follows the comic and not the movie, and made by developers who do have knowledge of the transformer universe.

9. Syphon

Syphon Member

why oh why did they omit split-screen multiplayer! :upset:

10. droopz

droopz Member

I agree with all your statements mate, top little game. Except I'd just like to clarify that not only does it stay close to the comics, it's been officially classified by Hasbro as TF cannon.

So there are a few differences to the comics in how Megatron got started and how Prime ascended and met Bumblebee, but as of this game Hasbro are saying this is how it happened. :thumbup:

11. zzyss

zzyss Member

Hooray for retconning! But Transformers was already a very fragmented universe anyway (check out the Binaltech/Alternity storylines for a headspin)

But yeah, the game's setting is rock solid, and a much welcome addition to the canon, especially for newcomers who haven't read the comics.

btw... PS3 install only took 15 mins for me, but what's with the ~1 minute "checking" on subsequent loads? First impressions: OMG I seriously need to get my game on. Embarrassingly, this is my first-ever console FPS - haven't gotten into the CoD or Halo games, so finding the controls a bit hard to get used to and wishing for mouse+keyboard. (And no, not getting the PC version if it's as half-baked as mentioned by others.)

12. droopz

droopz Member

PC version is fine. Its cheaper than the consoles, but is missing easily mappable keys.

Apart from that the only problem is that it is too much like the console versions (ei: FPS cap and limited graphic settings).

13. hellaflush

hellaflush Member

well steam have removed the transformers war for cybertron store page from steam... i think its safe to say were not getting it

anyone got hookups for gifting? :D

14. droopz

droopz Member

There are guys offering to gift it out on the steam forums mate.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1322404

15. RobV

RobV Member

Yeah I hate that 1 minute wait everytime the game loads, I haven't brought a PS3 game for a while (this is my 4th game if 2 years) and this is the first i've seen of it, not happy, but not the end of the world.

I'm still getting used to the controls (mainly using the right joystick to aim) but i'm getting there and multi player is a blast . Had about 5 games and only 1 of them dropped out from laggyness* which is good.

The install like you said didn't take very long at all.

* prob not a word.

16. gmeup

gmeup Member

i bought this on pc on ebay paid about $45 delivered pretty cheap.

17. nugget28

nugget28 Member

Played the first 2 chapters and its a pretty freaking sweet game. Definately recommend it

18. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

this game is fucking sick!!! How Transformers should be! How the movies should have been. Real characters with individuality

only gripes are the lack of performance options on pc. FPS cap while not terribly annoying is pretty shit. My PC is way more powerful than your average console. Gimme some more fps ffs

19. _francis

_francis Member

How's the multiplayer for this game? Been looking at some reviews and it looks like it could be fun.

20. RobV

RobV Member

I enjoy it, I don't really play much multi player (the last MP game's Ive played were cs 1.6 and tfc) but I really like this game.

Has classes like tf, but only 4 of them and each class is equally as strong in the area it's made for. Maps are quiet large and there are 6 modes, I usually play team deathmatch, but there is also deathmatch, power struggle (one active node that each team much fight over to own), conquest (like above but 3 nodes), code of power (sort of like ctf) and countdown to extinction (which seems like the cs style plant a bomb).

I got it on the ps3 and there are usually about 4-6k players online, so its easy to find a populated game.