Travel to Israel

Discussion in 'Holidays & Travel' started by sympozium, Sep 17, 2013.

1. sympozium

sympozium Member

Hey Guys,

Just landed a new job and they are sending me overseas for training, first stop is Israel (Tel Aviv), any tip or tricks I need to know about travelling there? It will be my first time overseas.

2. mr sti

mr sti Member

Very young city, average age is 34. Have fun, I hear the parties go off.

3. Veefy

Veefy Member

Make sure you have your story straight for immigration. Nothing quite like getting 20 questions from an immigration guy about the colour of your underwear after a long flight. :lol:

4. OldnBold

OldnBold Member

Don't plan on going to an Arab country for a while after your Israel visit.

5. Nattynoos

Nattynoos Member

If you fly in to Ben Gurion (TLV), as of January this year (I think it was Jan... sometime this year anyway...) they no longer stamp your passport but give you a permit to stay which you hand back when you leave. This means no more hassles from a passport point of view if you do further travel in the Middle East!

I'm going there in December (also to Jordan and Oman). Can't wait.

6. mrhunnybunny

mrhunnybunny Member

I have always wanted to go to Israel.

What work do u do that they send you to Israel for training?

r u a spy????:Paranoid:

also, make sure you have multiple cards (credit/debit) in case you lose one or 2, you won't be on the other side of the world with no money.

7. afrokiller

afrokiller Member

Hi, I was born in Israel and lived there for the past few years, back in Australia now. Tel Aviv is a fun city, its got a great nightlife every day of the week. There's many cafes, pubs and clubs open during the week and on weekdays till late. Its really like a much smaller version of New York, it never sleeps. You'll find Israelis are very friendly and have good English so you won't have problems travelling around or asking for directions. You'll be seeing plenty of soldiers in the area but this is normal and is just an everyday thing in Israel. Btw you'll be landing at TLV airport and you've got a train every 30 mins or so that will take you to the central station of Tel Aviv, should cost no more than $5.

Enjoy your time in Israel.