Trip up to Flinders Ranges

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by Frozen_Hell, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Frozen_Hell

Frozen_Hell Member

I took advantage of the 3 days of leave gets you 10 days off work thing over the Easter/ANZAC day period and headed off first to Mildura and then across the the Flinders Ranges for a few days. I did visit Lake Mungo north of Mildura, but didn't get very good conditions with mixed weather conditions ruining my chances of good sunrises/sunsets whilst I was there.

Fortunately after I headed over to the Flinders Ranges the conditions were pretty much clear skies day and night (only one morning had low cloud), I headed out to a few spots for the sunrise or the sunset after doing daytime scoping out the spots to see them in the light.

Here are some of the shots from the trip:

#1: Wilpena Pound as viewed from Moralana Scenic Drive (i.e. the spot everyone goes to take this angle):
    [​IMG]

#2: Wilpena Pound as viewed around 10-15kms north of the previous spot on the Outback Highway (different evening's sunset):
    [​IMG]
    I prefer this angle myself, as it shows a bit more of amphitheatre shape of Wilpena Pound from this spot.

#3: Razorback Lookout, Bunyeroo Valley
    [​IMG]

#4: Burra Homestead, just north of Burra
    [​IMG]
    The Burra Homestead, made famous by Ken Duncan's photo of this that appears on the cover of the Midnight Oil album "Diesel and Dust".

C&C welcome and appreciated. :)

2. Michael H

Michael H Member

A stunning place to visit, have been there twice. Great panos, brings back some good memories.

Frozen_Hell likes this.
  3. TwinII

TwinII Member

Love them! Great work. Awesome light.

Frozen_Hell likes this.
  4. Aratama_Bashi

Aratama_Bashi Iron Photographer

i can HEAR that album just looking at that last one. awesome stuff mate :) what an amazing area. love them all!

Frozen_Hell likes this.
  5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Flinders is fantastic, I've spent a bit of time there at various places. Great shots! :thumbup: