Tripod Legs

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by die_piggy, Apr 20, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    die_piggy

die_piggy Member

Could be right catalyst. They also just look sexy!

Anyway, very happy with my combo for now, maybe not what everyone would want, and I probably will get a gimbal/better ball head one day like you have alluded to, however right now for less then $500 for head (the head was approx $250 new) and legs I have one heck of a setup/upgrade!

^catalyst likes this.
  2. Scootre

Scootre Member

Perhaps you mean WH-200? The 100 was discontinued about 15 years ago.

die_piggy Sirui make thick tube carbon tripod legs that may suit you. I seriously looked at it before settling on my Gitzo carbon to pair with my WH-200. I only bought the latter because I already had two other Gitzos. I was quite impressed with the Sirui. Though it is a bit more expensive than your budget and has twist lock legs like the Gitzos, which as someone already said, maybe be the only option in a bigger tripod.

If you're set on flick clip legs you might be able to get a nice Manfrotto second hand, hopefully at the size you need.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  3. OP
    OP
    die_piggy

die_piggy Member

Hey scootre, yeah I picked up a biggish manfrotto x55 for a decent price 2nd hand, it's doing the job well so far!

I'll save my smeckhels over the years for a carbon one when my currently unconceived first born graduates collage (ie, great kit, friggen expensive!)

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  4. Scootre

Scootre Member

I'm hearing you mate.