Trolled by NBN - my delivery pushed out by 6 months even though neighbours are on

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Frag, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Frag

Frag Member

My NBN was meant to be up and running end of June. I have been watching and waiting for a loooong time, have it pre-ordered and all. Now we had all the physical pit work done 3-4 months ago and literally every home around me besides my neighbour to my left has the NBN ready according to www.nbn.com.au when you look up their address. We are meant to get FTTC (all other houses in my street have).

Mine just states "We’re currently getting the nbn™ broadband access network up and running in your area"

The tab name says "Location non-servicable" ... so I dont know what they did when they put the pit in or what they stuffed. I emailed NBN and got told that my connection is now 29Dec but more likely end of Jan.

I am hoping this is just a way they "buy" more time and it may well be done way before, has anyone had this happen? did it get done before? My neighbour just hooked his up so I am crying a little (100/40), I mainly care about the upload speed as you can imagine. And I am worried they may just give me FTTN or similar in the end as its potentially easier for them, I dont know.

Seriously feel so trolled, and I realise that NBN doesn't care one itota, they are going for the numbers as its all a government push for percentages.. back filling me may potentially take till 2020 I am guessing. Was just looking forward to 2nd world internet and well back to my 3rd world reality.

2. caspian

caspian Member

if your neighbour has FTTC then you won't be getting FTTN. sounds like cabling rework needs to be done to fix what Telstra left behind.

3. disguisey

disguisey Member

Think we might be in the same suburb :lol:

Caspian is right though as I literally just went through the same thing (a day ago)

4. Pugs

Pugs Member

They aren't "trolling " you.. they simply don't like you...

l_ QuadX_l and Frag like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Frag

Frag Member

So you waiting or yours was just fixed? I dont mind if they have to recable, i know my pit was a mess as I have had telstra have to fix it 2 times in last couple years with electricity on the line... I told the NBN guys to run fibre right in. :)

Oh well, still hoping it gets sorted in the next few weeks =(

Thats very hurtful, I have reported your post and filled out my hurt feelings report.

6. disguisey

disguisey Member

A week ago, they said available. Yesterday they told me it wasn't and confirmed 100% today it is not available.

that was from 4 ISP's and nbnco

7. chook

chook Member

Which of your soft, womanly ears did the manly assailant whisper the hurtful feelings into? :p

Hive and disguisey like this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Frag

Frag Member

Did they just push out the estimated delivery by a default 6 months?
    I know a guy up the road had everyone connected besides him and they took an extra week for him but that may be a rare case.. dunno :( oh well I shall shed some more tears and feel better
    I think it was the left one when I dropped my purse

Pugs likes this.
  9. cmi83

cmi83 Member

I feel your pain mate.. don't worry it will all be good once you finally get it! Hang in there

10. OP
    OP
    Frag

Frag Member

I know, I was all set - preordered was actually getting deals sorted for 65" c8 OLED but I guess I'll have to put all that on the back burner. Ive waited 4 odd years so I guess 6 months longer is not the complete end of the earth.

cmi83 likes this.
  11. chook

chook Member

I also feel your pain. I was in one of the first release areas that was getting FTTP. Then the government changed. Half of town has FTTP and my half has FTTN. You walk about 750m down my street and you can see where it changes. At least I have NBN though which you don't. There is also 76m between the nod and my house so I can actually get 96Mb on FTTN.

12. OP
    OP
    Frag

Frag Member

Ouch, but yeah you cant complain about that speed tho. I dont care about down i want my upload so i can actually do work from my pc that involves files! :)

cmi83 likes this.
  13. cmi83

cmi83 Member

I was capped at 0.2Mbps upload, it is almost a pleasure to work from home now / backup files etc :)

14. banshee

banshee Member

Springwood, West of Hell (Sydney, actually)
    I understand the feeling. We were supposed to be available with FTTC as of May, then end of July, now when I looked online it seems like November. On the gripping hand, I have seen them replacing one pit with the asbestos warning signs around the area, then replacing, or running a new, conduit and a new big pit has been installed down the street a bit. And today I saw a trailer with a couple of rolls of cable on it, so they might actually be pulling it through soon.

15. Sledge

Sledge Member

my old area was meant to get FTTH JUST after the last election when the libs got in and canned it all.... (2013?)
    That area has only JUST got FTTN now...

16. chook

chook Member

Yes. I work from home and a lot of my clients are international so upload was actually more important for me. I am on a 50/30 plan and get my 30Mb upload. Sure I could get that 96Mb theoretically but not once you take into consideration the backhaul and congestion. There is only my son and I so the 50Mb is fine but I feel for the people with 2.3 teenagers.

17. darknebula

darknebula Member

I'm sure they did it for the lulz

18. caspian

caspian Member

I can only
    no such animal. 50/20 is the closest speed tier.

19. chook

chook Member

I thought so too but had an inkling that it was 50/25 so checked and the page I was looking at said 50/30 so presumed I must have been mistaken. Now that I saw your post I have gone back and checked it they are saying 30 is the regular evening speed.

Reading is hard :(.

20. power

power Member

something makes me think these new terribad dates are placeholders to reset expectations.

Frag, darknebula and cmi83 like this.