Turning Off Call Divert

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by romp, Feb 2, 2003.

1. romp

romp Member

How do I turn off Call Divert?
    I've tried Cancel All Diverts but that doesn't work (the Diverts Active screen comes up when I make a call).
    Also, how can I turn off that shortcut to message bank key?
    eg when I hold down 1, it dials my messager bank
    Thanks.

PS - My phones an 8310

Last edited: Feb 2, 2003
  2. Kaell116

Kaell116 (Banned or Deleted)

holding down one has always been a voicemail divert thing. for as long as i can remember. every one of my phones has had it.

3. fooey

fooey Member

I remember that happening with my ex Telstra sim. Basically, I think it was cause you haven't turned on call waiting? (That way, any calls received when you are on a call get divereted to voice mail so you dont miss the call).

4. baby

baby New Member

and afaik, when you turn off all diverts ect... it will still come up with the diverts screen on a nokia.
    I think :)

5. gords

gords Oh deer!

Try calling your service provider and ask them to switch it off for you. You can do it by typing a certain combination of keys, but IIRC it is a long string filled with # and * and numbers (and you've gotta get the combination right), so it's probably just as easy to get them to do it for you.

I don't know whether you can. If you have a look in the 8310 quick dial menu (or whatever it's called), you'll see you can assign keys 2-9 to different contacts. The option to assign key 1 is not there.

6. perkz

perkz Member

AFAIK for telstra, switching off call divert is #21#. Enabling it again is a long string of *'s and #'s. Try disabling each divert seperatly, instead of cancel all, and then check the divert status to see if it actually worked.
    Keep in mind that i've got no idea how diverts work on the 8310 cause i've got an ericsson :p

7. swing

swing Member

i think i used the combination of #002# for the nokias.