Tygon Tubing ? What Type ?

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by FuXToR, Dec 12, 2003.

1. FuXToR

FuXToR Member

Hi All,

Firstly I hope I've got the right catagory.
    Secondly please dont flame me yet. Yes I used the search button.

I've read plenty about tubing and choices. Im interested in Tygon tubing. But when I've searched about it I keep seeing the word in red.

Whats the actual model number of the prefered Tygon tubing used when it comes to water cooling use in PC's ?

Their website doesnt have a catagory for mad overclockers :D

http://www.tygon.com

Cheers :thumbup:

2. t_rex

t_rex Member

Hehe :p, the word was showing up red because that's what you searched for, the forum highlights the searched words for you :)

I'm not too sure on the Tygon though, I don't have major turns in my hosing, so I don't need it. But a few shops here in Aus sell Tygon though, I just can't remember them off the top of my head :p

3. Goose AU

Goose AU Member

4. OP
    OP
    FuXToR

FuXToR Member

t_rex,

I must sound like a bimbo eh, Just to clarify, Yes I know the reason it shows up in red My point is thats all I find is red words and no info regarding the model or product number.

Goose AU,

Look again, maybe they use too, But I cant find anything to do with Tygon at www.pccasegear.com

Anyhows, thanks to you both for your replies.

Suppose Im still looking for the answer :rolleyes:

5. apsilon

apsilon Member

If it helps the stuff I have has R-3603 on it.

6. PooJou

PooJou Member

PCCG USED to do tygon, but apparently they are getting clearflex in, because its cheaper and basically exactly the same

7. t_rex

t_rex Member

Shit, I was reading a whole thread about the different models @ the US Overclockers forum last night lol, now I can't find it :tired:
    If I find it again, I'll post a link in here :)

8. OP
    OP
    FuXToR

FuXToR Member

t_rex,

Forgive my ignorance, whats the URL for the US Overclockers forum that your refering too ?

Thanxz in advance :thumbup:

9. LethalCorpse

LethalCorpse Member

10. Duallayerformat

Duallayerformat Member

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    The 1/2 inch Tygon I use has R-3603 printed on it. I would, however, recommend getting Clearflex 60. I have both here and the only physical difference that I can see between the Tygon and the Clearflex is that my Clearflex has thicker walls, which means less kinking. Clearflex looks, feels, bends, and smells exactly like Tygon, but has a much nicer price tag.

11. Swimming_Bird

Swimming_Bird Member

dont hold me to this, but im pretty sure you are suposed to use the chemical tubing. If you live in the states i suggest you buy it strait from the source, a great site www.usplastics.com

Last edited: Dec 12, 2003
  12. Swimming_Bird

Swimming_Bird Member

I just spoke with my friend who knows a lot more than me about such things, he said that you should use the chemical tubing. "Tygon® Clear Tubing for Chemicals 5/16 inch O.D. thru 2-1/2 inch O.D."

13. OP
    OP
    FuXToR

FuXToR Member

Swimming_Bird,

Thanks dude, I'll go with this one then.

Crystal clear, flexible (Durometer Hardness, Shore A,55) tubing of superior quality. Non-aging, non-oxidizing, won't harden, crack or flake. Will handle many chemicals found in the laboratory, however, prolonged use with aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, ketones and esters should be avoided. Dense, smooth bore provides outstanding flow characteristics, prevents interior build-up which might affect following solutions, facilitates cleaning. Odorless, tasteless, non-toxic, non-contaminating. Low temp. brittle point - 58°F., maximum recommended operating temperature 165°F. Soft and supple; fits over tubulatures quickly and easily, grips tightly to glass or metal, bends to sharp radius to speed and simplify set-ups. Widely used in peristaltic pumps because of its extremely long flex life. Complies with Federal Specifications L-T-790A Type 11 for lab applications. OK for ozone. Formulation R-3603. Standard length is 50 ft. Sold in 10 ft.

[​IMG]

Cheers :thumbup:

14. Swimming_Bird

Swimming_Bird Member

exactly what i was thinking about

15. OP
    OP
    FuXToR

FuXToR Member

Last edited: Dec 13, 2003
  16. brucoman

brucoman Member

I removed my Tygon R3603 for a single reason... the burst pressure is too low for my set-up. I switched to Tygon B-44 4x.