1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ubuntu xdg-open not opening zoom

Discussion in 'Other Operating Systems' started by gav1ski, May 5, 2020.

1. gav1ski

gav1ski Member

I am having an issue with my daughters machine where zoom links are not opening from the browser. I have found information pointing to the issue being caused by snap white listing url's but no stable fix has been released yet https://bugs.launchpad.net/snapd/+bug/1776873.

Fixes seem to be either updating snap to the beta or edge version or a manual compile adding the uri's you need to use.

Is anyone else dealing with this issue and if so what path did you choose or is there another path?

2. HyRax1

HyRax1 ¡Viva la Resolutión!

I've had this problem too - ultimately fixed by installing the .deb Zoom app (Ubuntu 18.04). The web version no longer works for me - insists I have to sign-in first to join someone else's meeting, so that's likely a product of Zoom fixing their security issues.

3. OP
    OP
    gav1ski

gav1ski Member

The app itself is working fine, I can manually launch and enter meeting details and it works. The issue is that for the current school from home stuff they need to sign in via SSO with edu department to access the meeting (additional level of security over just meeting ID + password) and since the browser can't launch zoom the SSO fails due to snap not having zoommtb white listed.