Unbaked Traditional Cheesecake

Discussion in 'Geek Recipes' started by wvxman, Jun 26, 2009.

1. wvxman

wvxman Member

This is a recipe I have adapted from the one provided on Kraft cream cheese packets for Lemon Cheesecake.
    It is very very similar, I have just taken the liberty of adding/replacing certain ingredients.

Ingredients
    2 packs of Kraft Cream Cheese
    1 pack Granita Biscuits
    2ts (10g) Gelatine (colourless and tasteless preferably)
    1/4 cup boiling water.
    1 can (395g) Nestle Sweetened Condensed Milk
    3.5ts Vanilla essence
    4ts Nutmeg
    100g butter
    Cinnamon for dusting
    20cm springform pan

Method

Click to view full size!

Ingredients. Note: vanilla essence not pictured.

Click to view full size!

Using a rolling pin, break the granita biscuits up until you have very fine biscuit crumbs. You can either do this in a bag or a mixing bowl.
    I haven't broken the biscuit crumbs up enough, ideally they should be finer crumbs than these (see why in the next pic).

Click to view full size!

After melting the butter, add the nutmeg to the butter, and then add this nutmeg butter mixture to your biscuit crumbs in a bowl, combining the two like so.

Click to view full size!

Now press the biscuit base into the bottom of your springform pan, trying to get it as even/level as possible. Place in a refrigerator to chill.

Click to view full size!

Using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
    Dissolve the gelatine in 1/4 cup of boiling water, then add to the cheesecake filling. Finally, add the vanilla essence.

The consistency should be similar (slightly firmer) to thickened cream.

Click to view full size!

Remove the biscuit base from the fridge and pour the cheesecake filling into the springform pan, using a knife to level it out.

Click to view full size!

Dust with cinnamon, cover, and place back into the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.

Click to view full size!

Remove from fridge and check colouration on the surface. The surface should have change very slightly in hue.

Click to view full size!

Remove springform and using a knife, gently smooth outside edge of cheesecake for presentation.

Click to view full size!

As you can see, the ratio of cheesecake filling to biscuit base is roughly 2:1.
    This is ideal imho, any more and you can't fit enough base on the fork to actually taste it, unless you have a very big mouth :p

This got very good reviews by all sitting at the table :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  2. Bionic

Bionic Member

Ive made this a few times But I usually mix in a violet crumble or a cherry ripe in as well.

3. infirmus

infirmus Member

Spread cream on top then go nuts with nutmeg, this is the best cheesecake

edit:
    :O just realised there is no lemon! Uh-oh, needs fresh lemon juice added to filling

4. Starfire

Starfire Member

I've made this several times over the years. It is indeed the yummiest cheesecake ever. Highly recommended.