Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Agg, Apr 13, 2017.
You need a new MOBO.
I would go with a high end ASUS to compliment you CPU and GPU .
According to Z390 tier list, my mobo has better VRM than low-mid range Asus boards.
I'll buy better mobo next time to make sure I can run the RAM at 4133+, but I really don't see the point on spending $$$ on high end mobos.. rather spend that money for faster GPU/CPU/RAM/SSD or better PSU/Case etc.
I did say "high end" ASUS boards .
It may have better voltage control than low end ASUS boards but the BIOS is not that good .
"spending $$$ on high end mobos.. rather spend that money for faster GPU/CPU/RAM/SSD or better PSU/Case etc".
That makes no sense .
I guess it's personal preference, but I like said I really don't see reason to spend extra $300-$500 for high end mobo with same chipset.
e.g. A, B & C, D are around same price, and I'd pick A, C over B, D any day.
A: 9900K, Asus Strix Z390-F, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 4200
B: 9900K, Asus Maximus XI-F, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200
C: 9900K, Asus Strix Z390-F, MSI RTX2080Ti
D: 9900K, Asus Maximus XI-F, MSI RTX2080 Super
Just seems strange that you have bought the best CPU and GPU ( together cost over #3000 ) and you are trying to save a few bucks by buying a middle of the road MOBO .
29300 - 1 x Evga RTX 2080Ti Kingpin - 2130 / 8000 - 9980XE @ 4.5 - G.Skill 64GB 4000C17- Asus Rampage V1 Apex - Scum - Water - https://benchmark.unigine.com/results/rid_8915be0977d445ad9d4efdab81a8a1ed
Click to view full size!
You have to this as well.....
First try at this software:
29118 - 1 x EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 - 2190 / 8500 - i5-7640X @ 5.1 - 16GB 3733 C18 Samsung B-Die - Asus Rampage VI Apex - IM LATE - Water
OCAU Unigine Superposition Leaderboards (updated 01/11/19)
1. 29300 - RTX2080Ti, 9980XE, Scum, p12
2. 29191 - RTX2080Ti, 9900K, Azzan, p10
3. 29118 - RTX2080Ti, 7640X, im late, p12
4. 28971 - RTX2080Ti, 9900K, spit051261, p10
5. 28577 - RTX2080Ti, 9900K, DarkSnipa, p10
6. 27777 - RTX2080Ti, 8700K, walker_2003, p9
7. 26803 - RTX2080Ti, 9900KF, sickbunny, p8
8. 25308 - RTX2080Ti, 3700X, Plonkflopped, p10
9. 25104 - RTX2080Ti, 3900X, Bolter01, p10
10. 24401 - Titan X, 6700K, BelowAverageIQ, p4
11. 23518 - GTX1080Ti, 7700K, cbwolf, p2
12. 23393 - RTX2080S, 9900K, Azzan, p6
13. 22544 - GTX1080Ti, 4790K, stoker, p1
14. 22198 - RTX2080, 9700K, coathanger007, p11
15. 22114 - Titan Xp, 5960X, aussie-revhead, p4
16. 22023 - GTX1080Ti, 7700K, SneakyBastd, p4
17. 21740 - GTX1080Ti, 6700K, c4dderly, p1
18. 21447 - GTX1080Ti, 4770K, Bourke, p5
19. 20811 - GTX1080Ti, 9900K, Jazper, p6
20. 20280 - Titan X, 5960X, havabeer, p2
21. 19049 - GTX1080Ti, 3770K, power, p3
22. 18734 - GTX1080Ti, 5820K, coathanger007, 08
23. 18276 - Titan X, 1700, Sipheren, p4
24. 17901 - RTX2080Ti, 2600K, Bolter01, p6
25. 16824 - GTX1080Ti, 4930K, HobartTas
26. 16528 - GTX1080, 8700K, Azzan, p5
27. 16458 - 5700XT, 2600, asho444, p6
28. 16030 - GTX1080, 4770K, sw-m78, p2
29. 15778 - Vega 64, 1950X, TaroT, p5
30. 14561 - Radeon VII, 1700, Sipheren, p5
31. 14423 - GTX1070Ti, 9900K, Azzan, p6
32. 14102 - GTX1070, 4790K, sanjeevlives, p3
33. 14067 - Vega 64, 3900X, Bertross, p6
34. 14008 - GTX1070, 1700, darkbastard, p5
35. 12850 - GTX1070, 1700, M4g3X0r, p4
36. 10360 - Fury X, 1800X, TaroT, p1
37. 9046 - R9 390X, 4930K, kEv_, p1
38. 8977 - GTX1060, 9900K, Azzan, p6
39. 8827 - R9 390X, 4790K, terroristone, p3
40. 8388 - GTX1060, 8700K, Azzan, p4
41. 8034 - RX580, 1600, Bolter01, p10
42. 7969 - R9 290, G3260, kelthegeek, p7
43. 5199 - RX570, 950, Skydome, p9
44. 4955 - R9 380, 1600, Bolter01, p10
45. 2647 - R7 360, G3260, kelthegeek, p2
46. 976 - Intel UHD 630, 9900K, Azzan, p7
Don't think it's really much different from my score when i had 6700K + SLI 1080 Ti's
Click to view full size!
Hmm.. looks like there's less than 3% difference between top 5 scores.. guess it's time to get serious. Ban.. KAI!!!
29475 - 9900K @ 5.2, 2080Ti @ +210, +1500
how did you get your cpu running at 5.2
The fastest stable speed I can get is 5.1 without crashing
Umm I can overclock mine to 5.2GHz by setting the voltage to 1.44v in BIOS.
Bump your clocks up (CPU and GPU) .
You will get a much higher score
This thread is for Unigine Superposition - if you want to make a new thread for UserBenchmark, go right ahead.
I can't be arsed right now
I fly back tomorrow but maybe next week when I come back .
A bit more tweaking for now:
29458 - 1 x EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 - +121 - +1450 - i5-7640X @ 5.2 - 16GB 3733 C18 Samsung B-Die - Asus Rampage VI Apex - IM LATE - Water
Just saw this. Very good for an air cooled card that goes to 70 degrees and +210.
Very interesting that I only need +121 & +1450 to get a score that is a bees dick difference to +210 & +1500...
And I have not even spent serious time yet to play.
Efficiency must be playing a part here..
Heh yer I got very lucky with 2080Ti(silicon lottery winner) but mine only stays at ~2120MHz for first ~30sec then drops down to ~2080MHz cos GPU temp. I suspect it'd do great on water but I'm not into wc..
Anyway now there's less than 0.7% difference between top 3 scores.. but Scum probably still hasn't used his bankai, and Dannyboi still hasn't posted his result yet.