Universal TCP/IP Network Bootdisk (Version 6.5 - 23/MAY/2010)

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by driver, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Iceman

Iceman Member

Epic work mate. Also I can't believe I've been subscribed to this thread for over 8 years..

2. revhed

revhed Member

3. copland44

copland44 New Member

back from the dead!

Ok sorry to bring this one back up but.....

I loaded the Net Boot Disk to Floppy and works great! I need to use it on a USB since most of the systems I need it for do not have floppy drives. I loaded the latest net Boot on the USB and it boots from it fine but I keep getting out of environment space for most of the items it loads. Config.sys is showing SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /E:4096 /P
    Like I said it works fine with that from a floppy but I need it on a USB drive. Do I need to do something different for the USB to work right?

Thanks

4. xmasta

xmasta New Member

Hello, registered to let ppl know that i have exacly the same issue, did right steps for usb boot, win unlocker to format system, xcopy system off, hp tool to prep with copied files, make bootdisk > out of envoirement space etc.
    Doing same thing to 3.5 floppy, all good, so i ran around with usb floppydrive but that is not ideal.

If anyone figures out what makes usb key work, please consider registering/letting others know.