UNLIMITED TPG Plan & New TPG ADSL2+ Plans and

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Fatmantan, Mar 9, 2010.

1. OP
    OP
    Fatmantan

Fatmantan Member

Yes it does.

The plan has changed, so if you change your ADSL, it changes to $15.

BIG NEWS THOUGH

TPG is pleased to announce an exciting up coming change to our ADSL2+ product range. For the first time we will offer an Unlimited Broadband product for only $75 a month that has:

· No Shaping Speeds.
    · No Time Limits or Time Restrictions.
    · ADSL2+ technology.

What makes this even more exciting is that for an extra $1 our Home Phone Line Rental can be purchased as an optional add on at the time of purchase. A $10 Minimum call charge for TPG Home Phone applies. This product will be available at Limited Exchange Coverage areas only. More details to be provided at the time of product release.

Regards,
    TPG Internet

2. Dopefish

Dopefish Member

They're trying to claw back users from AAPT I guess.

Not sure how many switched, but TPG was bound to make something similar.

3. OP
    OP
    Fatmantan

Fatmantan Member

Damn good value of Unlimited ADSL2+ for $86

not to mention you get to "ditch" Telstra at the same time :lol:

Only available to some users though..... :o

4. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

ARRGH FFS, I just signed up to the unlimited plan 2 months ago.... I better get no shaping times too, or I'll be pissed. :mad::mad:

5. HUMMER

HUMMER Member

updated plan today. might consider that unlimited plan when i get to see more info for it.

6. Sobbsy

Sobbsy Member

Arrrrghhh! Damnit I wish one of these awesome ISP's would offer ADSL2+ around my area. There's absolutely nothing resembling decent value that I can find on Whirlpool, as I'm stuck with ISP's using Telstra or Optus ADSL2+ dslams.

Or am I just blind and there really IS some kind of decent offer on these dslams. Please, tell me I'm blind! :tongue:

$69.99 for 140gb ADSL2+ with 1mbps/1mbps shaping? I would fucking die of joy.

7. martino

martino Member

That's what I thought too until I changed to the 60/60 last month.

I selected the "ADSL only" plan swap and still have the $10/month mobile cap.

Adding a new mobile service will cost $15/month though (which is the second option on the plan upgrade page).

8. OP
    OP
    Fatmantan

Fatmantan Member

Really?

Well there you go :)

Everyone swears that it will change....

9. martino

martino Member

Yeah I just double checked on the TPG account page and I'm still on 'mobile cap saver plan 1'.

After initial setup, the mobile and ADSL accounts seem to be effectively separate, so if you're already on the $10 cap plan nothing changes when you move to a different ADSL plan.

10. lawrencep93

lawrencep93 Member

hurry up so I can churn over my phone from fkin telstra, and go from 200GB to unlimited baby :)

11. LeadAccelerator

LeadAccelerator Member

Try your phone number on TPG's website, it will tell you if they service your area.

12. bubblegoose

bubblegoose Member

Upgraded/Sidegraded to the $70 100GB/100GB with 2MB/1MB shaping.

which is basically unlimited for me as I would not think I would go close to that limit in a month, and I know that if I do go over, I only lose about 1/2 speed on the downloads, none on the uploads, which is better than the dial up speed I used to get shaped to!

EDIT: Oh, and thank you FATMANTAN, as I would have been oblivious of this plan if it had not been for you/this thread.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  13. Sobbsy

Sobbsy Member

Yeah it's a no go, I've been registering my interest for years :tongue:

14. LeadAccelerator

LeadAccelerator Member

Send them an e-mail threatening to fill their servers with grout if they don't give you ADSL2+ access at your exchange. :tongue:

15. Sundarjee77

Sundarjee77 Member

I'm going to change to 130gb (70/60) unless we can get some more info on this $75 unlimited plan.

I cant see any info about it on the TPG website, can anyone help out?

I'd prefer to swap the 70/60 to 60/70, I do the most of my downloading at night.

16. lawrencep93

lawrencep93 Member

if you change your home phone over from telstra can you keep your number?

17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

TPG always seem fairly competitive.....I'm with them for my mobile.....$300 worth of included calls for $20 per month :thumbup:

18. Snatch

Snatch Member

Thinking of changing over to these guys as I would like a decent amount of data for a good price.

I have been with Optus cable since 2001 so I don't have any experience with ADSL2+ so should I be worried about speed loss? My house is 1.8km from the exchange, would that hinder my speeds?

19. Scandrew

Scandrew Member

Snatch, I was the same. I came over to TPG from Optus Cable from a grandfathered planed (20/40gb peak/off peak no uploads counted). My cable use to be fast when I first got it (2001ish) but over the years it slowed down a bit. Speeds I got on speedtest were around 500-700kb/s and because of the limited data allowance I always had to monitor our usage daily just to make sure we had enough for the month for online banking, uni assignments, etc.

Switched over to TPG on 60/60gb for $49.99 and I manage to get up to 1200kb/s (2.2kms from exchange) when all things are optimal. Data allowance I don't worry about anymore; even less so now that they've released this 70/60gb 1Mbps capped plan. Oh yea, upload speeds are awesome compared to my old Optus cable as well.

20. mil098

mil098 Member

I was with Optus for a long time too and was very hesitant to move to tpg, BUT I have found TPG to be very good (ymmv) fast download and excellent upload.

I now have 2 services with TPG so I'm happy with them.

mil.