UNLIMITED TPG Plan & New TPG ADSL2+ Plans and

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Fatmantan, Mar 9, 2010.

1. lawrencep93

lawrencep93 Member

On Adsl2+ that TPG offer would it ever be possible to offer plans with 2Mbps upload speeds or do you need a different technology to do that?

2. martino

martino Member

Technically possible with ADSL2+ Annex M but TPG don't offer it AFAIK.

Other ISP's like Internode do.

3. shawns_maggot

shawns_maggot Member

haha whine fan eh?

My dad used to work at the original Rosemount Estate vineyard (near the Actual Rousemount Estate) and used to bring home prize winning wine by the box full, all for free of course :thumbup:

I think my extended family went a good 3-4 years drinking expensive Merlot & Shiraz (and others of course). Too bad they are all gone now :p

What kind of wine do you like :leet:

Back OT; most people I talk to have the "what" response when I mention TPG. A few of my nerdy friends know them but even more can't even say the name right.

4. power

power Member

it's so crazy considering how many tv/billboards/print ads they run now as well - ppl are just fucking stupid if you ask me.

Loving this new plan too I don't think for a little while at least I'll use the 2 hunge :D

5. bennyg

bennyg Member

I"d be careful about reports of slow speeds, seems to be very area-dependent

I certainly get no slowage overnight, in fact speeds are pretty much identical on vs off peak, no slowage at the changeover time either.

Only issue we've had was very crappy speed when it'd been weeks since the connection was refreshed from the server end - fix was modem off, wait ten mins, modem on, all good. Horribly complex.

We got 60+60gb ADSL2+ on a newish exchange, >10Mbit even though we're >1.5km from the Kew East exchange.

Unfortunately my folks are too close to the Box Hill exchange, no ports left... all them damn Asians snapping them up quick-like :mad: :p

6. Dexamenus

Dexamenus Member

WOO!!!!!

so in the past few days, TPG have given me some new adsl2+ ports to play with!! So just signed up to the 130gb:thumbup:

one thing i noticed was that in the ad it said 1mb shaping, but on the final account join page it said 512kb shaping??

EDIT: had it set up to change over today (31st) and what do you know? When i get up i have no internet access......change modem settings to tpg and voila!!!!! cant get much better than that.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  7. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

8. Simonk83

Simonk83 Member

Correct. Sydney only at this stage.

9. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

Makes sense, just checked mine and said unlimited wasn't supported. Oh well, I can live on the unlimited Business for $80pm with the 12hoour peak split until it arrives. :)

10. Scandrew

Scandrew Member

Just checked and it's available on my exchange. I've just recently upgraded to 70/60gb and the speeds that I'm capable almost make it feel like unlimited to me anyway. Though, it's good to know I never have to worry about bandwidth anymore. Use to get depressed coming up to the weekend knowing that I was almost capped on my old Optus connection with soccer matches to stream, etc :lol:

11. OP
    OP
    Fatmantan

Fatmantan Member

Available on my exchange, but i just dont download enough these days :(

12. twinhardballers

twinhardballers Member

....notice the date ppl?

13. OP
    OP
    Fatmantan

Fatmantan Member

Yup, although i did expect them to release this plan as they said they were gong go a few weeks ago.

However that could have been a lie too

14. ToBiAs_R33per

ToBiAs_R33per Member

i have a small feeling it is real :D

there have been too many other happenings to the network for it not to be a possibility

15. doodz

doodz Member

It's real guys!

16. aznpsuazn

aznpsuazn Member

Crazy. This is real. I just changed plans.

17. Foos

Foos Member

only in sydney - and hardly any exchanges.

18. IncredibleBulk

IncredibleBulk Member

Hey all

I was with TPG at a previous address, never really had many large issues (total outages) but found the connection to be fairly flakey at times (I would have to manually reboot my router at least once or twice a day to re-establish sync).

I'm currently with iiNet, connecting at 5.7mbps (theoretical speed for my distance is 6.8). The connection has been pretty rock solid for the past 18 months

However with the new plans, it's becoming increasingly difficult not to think that I could be getting so much more for what I pay. I'm currently getting 25 on / 45 off peak for $79 a month. That's a huge difference compared to the $79 from TPG

So I'm wondering now is it worthwhile moving back over to TPG. I'd be connected to the Quakers Hill exchange (I live in Kings Park). Is anyone here connected to this exchange? What's the quality like?

19. HUMMER

HUMMER Member

same here. just did to.

20. lawrencep93

lawrencep93 Member

Don't change TPG are hopeless, look they release a plan nad get everyone excited and don't let you go on that plan, They will try to get people to move over then they will find that it is not available, I am currently recommending AAPT's unlimited plan, untill TPG give 24x7 unlimited to ME.