UNLIMITED TPG Plan & New TPG ADSL2+ Plans and

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Fatmantan, Mar 9, 2010.

1. IncredibleBulk

IncredibleBulk Member

Well that's unfortunate for you... but I don't care about a 24x7 plan. 130gb a month is more then enough for me. It's the connection quality I care about

2. lawrencep93

lawrencep93 Member

yer I have a friend on that plan, seems to be good, seeing you can actually go on it.

3. pipsqueak

pipsqueak Member

The new Optus cable plans for 130GB look very good if Optus cable is available in your area.

Bundled with their lowest home phone plan it works out to be $80 overall. The home starter cap phone plan comes with $50 worth of calls each month. If you're not a heavy phone user or don't make many mobile/national calls that's pretty hard to pass up.

I've read how some people are getting/bargaining for an extra $10 discount on their home phone. So it could work out to be $70/mo for internet and phone.

Hopefully TPG will counter with even lower prices. Ideally I'd like to pay $50/mo for both internet + phone.

4. IncredibleBulk

IncredibleBulk Member

Only concern with going cable is future-proofing. Better plans will come out for ADSL2+, where once you're on cable, you're "stuck" (for lack of a better word)

5. lawrencep93

lawrencep93 Member

keep clear of cable, TPG is still cheaper if you bundle with $1 line rental.

6. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Not sure what you mean by "future proofing"? Do you know something the cable industry is not aware of?

7. IncredibleBulk

IncredibleBulk Member

More making the point that there's plenty of phone-line based ISP's, so changing my mind on a provider is easy

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

There is massive infrastructure in cable so it is not going anywhere in a hurry. Basing ones decision on "future proffing" is silly, sorry.

9. pipsqueak

pipsqueak Member

They both work out to be $70/mo.

TPG's 130GB with $1 LR is $60.99 + setup cost/18 months + $5 VOIP account from another provider for cheaper calls = $70/mo

A modem could be another added cost if going with TPG whereas Optus provide one at no extra cost.

10. Adro85

Adro85 Member

Don't posts like this fall under the vendor verdict ruling on this forum?

11. lawrencep93

lawrencep93 Member

Apologies if I broke a rule, sorry, just been waiting soo long for this plan then when it wasn't available in my area I was shattered.

TPG said that the new plan is a new service?
    Do they need to update the software on the servers or increase hardware capacity?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  12. IncredibleBulk

IncredibleBulk Member

Well I bit the bullet and signed up.... with any luck the churn will take place before next Friday, when my new billing period starts

13. doodz

doodz Member

Same. I also churned after 4years 7 months with iiNet.

14. IncredibleBulk

IncredibleBulk Member

Have you been connected yet or still waiting? What exchange?

15. doodz

doodz Member

Still waiting. I did it the day it was annouced. I dont expect it to be churned over till next week Friday. It does take 3-5days for the line codes to be released, and since 4 day public holiday I doubt things will get done any sooner.

Ah well just wait...

16. master phi

master phi Member

Well I already moved to it since yesturday. It is awesome the unlimited plan.
    Everyone I know on TPG in Sydney has unlimited now too. That is 6 people too spread over a large area of sydney.

Don't know what the crying is about? You can wait your turn :p

Got to say my connection is more stable now. I think its because they don't have any of that tracking how much I download on me. Downloading @ 1.1MB/sec now instead of 700kb/s. Uploading is faster too at 93KB/s.

17. lawrencep93

lawrencep93 Member

You are soo lucky
    I have been checking my number every hour
    I think TPG should look at where the demand for unlimited is (ie Ascot Exchange) and upgrade the exchanges accordingly, they will make more money that way if they have more people on higher cost plans.

18. IncredibleBulk

IncredibleBulk Member

They won't roll out any other areas until Sydney is complete. To do Melbourne, they need to first increase the TOTAL bandwidth available before they bring more areas into it

19. tgluak

tgluak Member

Closest TPG DSLAM to me is Lismore (A good 80km from my house) and its also the most north in NSW. Sucks paying $60 a month for 1500/50GB when I could have 2+/140GB for the same.

20. lawrencep93

lawrencep93 Member

it would be good if they offered annex M for an extra 20 bucks.