Unlocking iPhone 4 from at&t?

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by willy_manilly, Feb 25, 2011.

1. willy_manilly

willy_manilly Member

Hi there,

I have purchased an iPhone 4 from the USA for a great price, however to my suprise it is locked to AT&T. I have called up Apple and all they could tell me is i should drop AT&T an email and see if they will unlock it for me ( which i doubt they will )

So then i guess my only option is to jailbreak.

Does anybody have any other ideas on how i could get around this stupid carrier lock?

If not ill just have to resell it back Overseas.

Cheers guys

2. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

you really should have known that all iphones ever sold by at&t stay locked to at&t... really your only hope is jumping on DX and buying a hardware sim-faker thing that works with the ifool4.

3. OP
    OP
    willy_manilly

willy_manilly Member

So i can't jailbreak then unlock it?

4. sanjay

sanjay Member

not if it has an updated baseband (which if its running 4.1 or newer, it will be)

every single new iphone sold in the US is carrier locked to AT&T and i pity the tightass fool who buys one from there 'for a bargain price' and ends up with a really expensive ipod touch. :lol:

5. OP
    OP
    willy_manilly

willy_manilly Member

Look mate, just relax, i'm no tight ass, i just wanted to get one going for my 16 year old brother.

Just asking for some advice.