Unofficial OCAU Minecraft Server

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by sjp770, Apr 3, 2015.

1. sjp770

sjp770 Member

Unofficial OCAU Vanilla Survival Server 1.8.3
    [​IMG]
    Seed: -3992052730752426565 Whitelisted players only​

New IP for the server:> IP: 45.121.211.137:25565 - BUT ASK IN THIS THREAD TO BE WHITELISTED

Welcome!

Here i'll be posting info for the server. There will also be an ingame notice board in the netherhub.

If you would like to join us ask for your name to be whitelisted here or PM me.

Suggested res packs are:
    Codecrafted Custom (move to top of list when you add it)
    Faithful 32x32

Also optifine makes things a lot smoother and nicer to look at without increasing strain on the game.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  2. OP
    OP
    sjp770

sjp770 Member

Auto Farms

Ok, this post will be updated with locations of farms:

Spawn Island
    Auto Chicken cooker - cooked chicken and feathers
    Cactus Farm - cactus, cook for dye
    Pumpkin / Melon Farm - pumpkins. Add a torch to one for lighting. Melons are food and a potion ingredient.
    Egg farm - there for cakes etc

Should we add manual breed or harvest farms? The ones above are designed to walk up to and take away a stack or close to of the item.

Mob Farms

XP Farms

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  3. OP
    OP
    sjp770

sjp770 Member

Rules

Hopefully not too many items here

SPAWN ISLAND IS ONLY FOR FARMS / MAYBE SHOPS LATER ON.

- One whitelisted account per forum account. This is meant for members not your whole family.
    - Attacking zombie pigmen will result in a temp ban. Agro pigmen kill and make the nether hub useless. You will get one warning.
    - Keep the place looking nice and dont deforrest without replanting. Same idea goes everywhere, but especially at someone else's base. If a creeper blows up someone's base while you are there please rebuild it as best you can. All areas are good to mine, but please light up all caves / mines as you go. This will help spawn rates if we mob farm nearby.

NEVER DESTROY A MOB SPAWNER - Post its location on the nether notice board and one of us will build an XP farm or item farm.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  4. Mr DOHC

Mr DOHC Member

Hi

MoJANG name is MrDOHC

5. OP
    OP
    sjp770

sjp770 Member

Added :) See you in there

6. Mr DOHC

Mr DOHC Member

love it, cheers

7. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

A naturally spawned village has been found.
    Coords are on Nether noticeboard.
    I've made some obsidian, so I'm going to make a netherportal on location.

8. OP
    OP
    sjp770

sjp770 Member

Thanks for the auto furnace setup mrDOHC. I've never seen one with the droppers on the output before.

Just in case anyone was wondering, I've filled the chest with buckets of lava. Please replenish them. The switch to the left stops the hopper picking up the items. This is handy as a full stack of stone has a good chunk of XP.

I think if there is any redstone on the farms I'll leave it open so ppl can copy it.

There is a portal in the nether to the Mesa biome but I haven't made a path there yet. I'll look at doing that tomorrow night maybe. Mesas are great for building supplies.

9. Mr DOHC

Mr DOHC Member

So I just gutted an abandoned mineshaft. Died.
    Managed to rescan and had enought diamonds to make a new pick and sword and I scrambled down there to get my gear back. Lucky i did as I had 200+ mine tracks and melon seeds.

BTW, if anyone finds a skeleton spawner, please leave it alone and tell me. I know a great XP farm

10. OP
    OP
    sjp770

sjp770 Member

Nice haul on the rail! Will come in handy moving villagers to spawn island.

Yeah I'm very keen on a skelle farm. I need lots of bone meal for an instant potato / carrot / wheat farm. Also I am going to make a tree farm, but that's a massive undertaking. I might make a mob spawner at spawn first to guarantee the bone meal.

BTW, I had to move the auto / manual switch to approach the hopper from the front as where it was it was locking the fuel hopper too.

I have an infinite villager breeder design that we could try at spawn too. I'll have to check the radius for doors though. Is anyone willing to work on an iron titan with me? Tango teks design.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  11. Mr DOHC

Mr DOHC Member

Yeh I'm keen to help, cordon off an area in the spawn chunk so no one can build a house /doors in it. I have a villager breeder design that works well, and once it's served it purpose its a nice little un-auto carrot farm.

You mean you'll place a skeleton spawner with creative for me to utilise?

12. OP
    OP
    sjp770

sjp770 Member

Haha nope. No creative hacks. I did go creative to try and get the 1 person sleep system of xisumas working and it did for a time but I think its busted now :( but nothing creative to add materials to the game

13. OP
    OP
    sjp770

sjp770 Member

Just freed up the day, I'm going to start on the iron titan today. Anyone with spare cobble please add it to the furnace at spawn. I also need a butt load of timber but that's not as urgent as I doubt I'll get to doors today

14. Mr DOHC

Mr DOHC Member

Would you like us to add the cobble so it cooks or just in a chest for you to do what you've u want with?

I'll jump on soon so I can do the timber

15. OP
    OP
    sjp770

sjp770 Member

Yeah, I'm after stone. One of the first things I'll do is make a protected walkway in the nether to collect all the lava we need.

We need villagers so if you can bring back a brown shirt and a few other to spawn capt?

16. Mr DOHC

Mr DOHC Member

Urgh, I need to go find 850 wood now.

I already have a diamond axe, would anyone else have 3 diamond in case I run mine out?

What size Titan? 32 or 64 villages?

17. OP
    OP
    sjp770

sjp770 Member

im going to watch the vid now, i'll spot you another diamond axe, i'll even make it unbreaking :)

Not sure of the size, im guessing we can expand? if so 32 should be fine.

Be on soon

18. OP
    OP
    sjp770

sjp770 Member

Iron titan is well underway. Looking for donations of:

Iron for hoppers
    Buckets

And most importantly villagers. I'll post more once I find out what I need.

The roof has started, if you want to finish it off with glass and polished andesite that would help

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  19. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

Tempted to get back in this... but sooooo don't want to have another game take up my time! :p

20. OP
    OP
    sjp770

sjp770 Member

Just in case this is true. Can someone check if any door is ok for the farm? Dark oak will suit us best based on supply but it would suck if they had to be oak