"Unofficial" Telstra Cable speed increase

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by the_antipop, Apr 18, 2018.

1. ecroF

ecroF Member

So just got an email from T$ confirming this. 100 is NOW the default speed for cable. Can I NEVER have nbn please?

edit : I can't type

supasaiyan and MR CHILLED like this.
  2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Exactly, I'm completely happy with what I have for what I'm paying.

3. evilasdeath

evilasdeath Member

i never bothered to contact telstra, lets see if the $20 drops off my bill like they said or they keep charging it. (I have never had much of a problem paying for speedboost)

4. WuZMoT

WuZMoT Member

Me three. I was on 30/1 200GB @ $70 and paid for a pointless line installation to bundle and get 30/1 1.5GB @ $80 to then have my speed upped for free to 50/5. They let me know NBN would launch in this area in July and my deadline after that to switch. Now upped to 100/5 for free, Certainly won't be pro-active in selecting an "NBN" plan. The only enticing feature is getting a new modem with 4G failover but I've only had 2 major (24+ hr) outages in 6 years.

5. iinsom

iinsom Member

Ill bet it doesnt drop off.

6. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

send me a pm with your username, i'll check for you

7. BuD

BuD Member

they started charging me without warning so i ended up cutting myself over to NBN because they can shove that up their ass. They do shit like this because they know they will get away with it with X amount of people not checking their bills
    even though NBN benches for me at 95 instead of 120 previously ive noticed my internet usage/downloads seem to hold around the same speeds but now i just have faster upload capeability

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  8. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

there's very few companies that bring up as much rage as Telstra seems to!

9. evilasdeath

evilasdeath Member

I dunno, i'm pretty sure Optus gives Telstra a run for their money! Not a list that you want to be at the top of!

firey4059 likes this.
  10. caspian

caspian Member

as a former (Telstra) manager of mine once said - we don't annoy people, we enrage them.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    darknebula and firey4059 like this.
  11. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

Which is why I always offer help when I can when it comes to Telstra issues.. I've been on the end of bad service and sometimes it's just getting the right person to smooth things over

koopz, MR CHILLED, Fraggle and 2 others like this.
  12. Rass

Rass Member

Just restarted my router. I was concerned about doing it, because outages turn into messes, but speed test is giving me 114 down, 5 up. I am happy about that.

supasaiyan likes this.
  13. mtma

mtma Member

Yeah, I think people put up with Optus because they don't expect Optus to be as much of a premium product. Optus are still stuck on 2Mbps up across all their cable plans, but it might be because increasing it would break their oversubscribed areas even more.

14. iinsom

iinsom Member

Just as i thought, my bill is still the same as past months.. Didnt drop the $20 speed boost off.

Fucking *****

15. BuD

BuD Member

Yep that's why I told them to shove it and moved over to NBN. I've had .nO speed drop on Aussie despite benchmark being 95 vs 115-120 in real world speeds

16. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

Yeah I walked into a shop and got told to call the Philippines.

17. iinsom

iinsom Member

So in the livechat with these mongoloids..

They obviously cant understand what the fuck im saying, i'm asking them to credit me the $20 for the free speed boost that i've been paying for, from the date they sent the email saying its free (so this past month)

And they're trying to get me to signup to a new plan, which removes the speed boost and is cheaper, like wtf. I dont want to be locked into another plan, i just want you to credit me the $20..

18. BuD

BuD Member

Don't use the live chat they are totally useless and have no power to do anything at all.
    You need to make the phone call. They will try and chrun U to NBN for $90 on a plan they can't even tell you what you will get speed wise to save you $10. you will have to just tell them 10x NO ect it's the process I went through even though I contract to them and I have a mate who wOrks nternally at Telstra and had the go through the same shit

19. caspian

caspian Member

I thought phone or chat ended up with the same team with the same capabilities. the difference being the accent challenges go away (if not the wider language ones) and at least you can save the chatlog for when they balls it up and you have to contact them again.

20. iinsom

iinsom Member

Either way, im leaving for ABB when the nbn arrives. These clowns arnt getting anymore of my money.