"Unofficial" Telstra Cable speed increase

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by the_antipop, Apr 18, 2018.

1. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

Phone called mongoloids also refuse and claim work instructions say nothing. No internet access and can't receive emails either lol so they just play dumb

2. evilasdeath

evilasdeath Member

when i had problems with my install i did it all via chat, for the reason i have a full transcript and log to go back at them.

If they charge ne tge 20$ this month thats where ill be going, but it says inactive now and i got the email

3. BuD

BuD Member

4. Sleepyz7z

Sleepyz7z Member

For future reference, if you have anything complicated (like transitioning services from business to consumer/vice versa), the best place to visit is a Telstra-owned/operated store, not a franchise. To spot the difference, use the map locator for your store and if the store details are emailaddress@team.telstra.com and phone 1800 number, it's the real deal. If it's some-store-custom-websiteurl-usually-the-suburb.com and a generic phone number, it's just a franchise, and unless you're buying a new service (hence, commission) they won't want to know you.

(assuming you're getting NBN HFC) don't forget to sign up to ABB using the first month free code - get your ABB provisioned separately to Telstra HFC, run them in parallel and once happy, then call Telstra disconnections for the legacy service. Remember, you're going to love uttering the request to disconnect it, so be sure to record it for future replay satisfaction :thumbup: :D

5. MyDixiesNormous

MyDixiesNormous Member

Can you tell me a.bit more about the upgrade of modem you were eligabel for. I'm in the same boat as you and I'm pretty unhappy with my modem. Mainly with its routing ability or lack thereof.

I would love a hardware upgrade.

6. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

I was in a corporate store lol

7. OP
    OP
    the_antipop

the_antipop Member

Essentially I re-signed with Telstra for another 24 months. Tried to push for a new modem, no go. Ended up lodging a complaint via Telstra complaints. Went on livechat a week or so later (after no communication from Telstra), they then offered an upgrade to the new Gen 2 modem.

8. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

9. Sleepyz7z

Sleepyz7z Member

Somehow I knew you were going to say that :)

10. iinsom

iinsom Member

Theres a free month code?

Where do i find said code? I can't wait to get away from these idiots. The service itself has been good, just the people who work there...

11. Sleepyz7z

Sleepyz7z Member

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/451827

They will probably do a mail-out when you area goes RFS, offering something similar. They did here but the code was different, and only applied to first time NBN connections. I think anyone can use the above one.

12. sir_bazz

sir_bazz Team Papparazi

Just looked at ABB pricing and it will cost me an extra $30 a month to switch to their 100Mbps unlimited plan.

Is there anything better around?

Unfortunately we have NBN works in our area at the moment so not far away from getting fucked over.

13. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

I have been clinging on to my Telstra cable hoping NBN would go away but we received notice that regular services will be cut in March 2020 so the count down is on for us.

:(

14. iinsom

iinsom Member

What plan are you on atm?!

15. sir_bazz

sir_bazz Team Papparazi

Unlimited "100" for $79 p/m.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  16. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Are you going to end up better or worse off after nbn lands?

17. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

I'm getting about 110 down and 5 up so a little drop in download and a gain in upload. I'm more worried about reliability and congestion, have the reliability issues improved? For a long time it seemed everyone was complaining about NBN (dropping out, very slow, no service)

:)

18. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

the way NBN HFC is going, you'll be good for a while!

19. evilasdeath

evilasdeath Member

So they did charge me for it this month, so spent 20 mins on live chat getting it fixed,

20. caspian

caspian Member

on what basis do you make that comment? my numbers are it is running well into five figures above projected service activation count, just hit a network availability record, and the only callout I heard was the concern that the network incident count had quadrupled - which then led to the discovery that it had shot all the way up to 25 tickets. :rolleyes:

sounds like a fair measure of success to me.