1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrading my fans

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Madchimp, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Madchimp

Madchimp Member

I currently have a Fractal Design Define R6 blackout that has the three stock 140mm fans.

While quiet and functional, I have now come to the point where I need to make this thing look sexy, thus I want to replace the three 140's with three or more quality 140mm RGB fans. The current ones are Fractal Dynamic X2 GP-14 fans.

The thing is, I have NO idea what are quality these days (been out of the game for too long). Currently have air cooling, but will be looking at moving over to a water cooled setup in the near future. So the new fans need to move a good amount of air while not being stupidly load lol

Ideas?

2. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  3. OP
    OP
    Madchimp

Madchimp Member

I like both, but I do like the fact I can control/set the colour for the Corsair fans. But the other pushing more air.... Hmmmm

4. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Arctic are about to release the P14 PWM with ARGB, going by their other efforts should be top notch

Madchimp likes this.
  5. Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

Reckon I'd be doing what raincloudx says too. I have used the P12 + P14 in my rig a while now and they are excellent. I have the PST versions which have a daisy chained power connector so you can run and control multiple fans of a single header, I believe the ARGB version also has daisy chain ARGB connectors (the PST version anyway) which removes the requirement for hubs. It does however mean all fans colours on the chain will be identcal (who would want 3 of them doing fifferent things anyway, monsters that's who)

Madchimp likes this.
  6. raincloudx

raincloudx Member