Upgrading my water cooling

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by Will S, Dec 23, 2021.

1. woja

woja Member

If you zoom in on the second pic top left it looks like 2 x 90 degree rotaries to a compression to zmt that goes through one of the cable holes up the top of the case, then it would just route through the back, down to the flt from behind and 90 rotary to the bottom inlet of the flt I'm guessing

2. The Beast

The Beast Member

The cap is more than a dust cap, it's designed to prevent you (or some other fucker) from inadvertently pulling the valve open during normal operation. One the cap is removed you can attach whatever you like via G1/4 to drain to your hearts content (I just use a basic soft compression fitting and length of tubing.

[​IMG]

juzz86 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

Yes.... am going to get that and am now thinking about seeing the case is white what color fittings to use. Maybe red for the tube fittings and black for the angles .... red and white build basically

Maybe see if I can get a see-through transfer of a huge dragon for the glass .....

edit: just had a look and the PSU is in the way. Still remove the rear bracket and have it go from top left down to bottom right ( diagonal across the back )

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  4. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Ohhh! A+ actually, well-executed :thumbup:

5. Wacko02

Wacko02 Member

For tidying up the GPU cables, I used a couple of the below adapters. This allows the cables to run flat along the back of the GPU and is much neater IMHO and keeps them away from the fans. Just get the right orientation ones for your GPU is all. There is just a bit of black foam on the top of them which could be covered up with a bit of white/red plastic or similar if you wanted to blend them in better.
    [​IMG]
    Aliexpress link

Result:
    PCIe Adapters1.jpg PCIe Adapters2.jpg

juzz86 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  7. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

8. Wacko02

Wacko02 Member

Yes, can confirm that extension cables are plugged into the existing PSU cables themselves, making the whole shebang a lot longer and harder to hide away, but gives you the look within the case that you're after. Pretty sure the link you provided is exactly what I'm using in my build as I couldn't find the custom cables for my Silverstone SFX PSU.

The PCIe angles that I've got worked well with a horizontal GPU as well btw, specially for how cheap they are. Would love something similar for the 24p ATX cable on the mobo but doesn't quite work.

9. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

I like the bridged pci-e but would only need a 2x8 and black/white would be good but this mod is getting a bit expensive...if you see someone holding a cup in Wollongong with a "water cooling has bankrupt me" please put a few dollars in

The fittings are the nasty cost that people forget about

yes, instead of sticking out they would go straight down and would look better

Also thinking about putting one of those flow thingies in...... between my radiator outlet and the GPU ....run the tubing across and do a 90degree straight up

edit: Thinking about Titanium Satin and red . Also for the cables red/White

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    The Beast, woja and Spyder6052 like this.
  10. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

edit- deleted

Ok, have ordered the cable mod red/white for atax and 8.8 pci-e...case has plenty of room behind to hide cables.....using the extension I can change PSU's and still have the extensions

may just use my black fittings from old build but get the red fittings for the hoses plus a few rgb splittler cables

I blame Spyder was wasting my money :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  11. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

ok, a diet of bread and water and no more delivered pizza awaits me after today

FINIS ... have ordered everything I need today. See 1st post for everything going into it

btw: lol just as I type this an ad in Microsoft edge pops up for Dominoes Pizza...bloody SOB's

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  12. jekel

jekel Member

Looks good, can't wait to see your build. Reading this thread today only just knew EK were bringing out EK Quantum rads, always never ending updates to make you want to spend $$ lol...

13. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

now its waiting.....went overboard with barrow fittings but if over $200 its fee shipping...only 6 tube barbs plus red but will use these where they are most visible and use the old fittings elsewhere...and that noise you can hear is me snipping my credit card up

Now its all about waiting and waiting and waiting

[​IMG]

juzz86, Wacko02 and Spyder6052 like this.
  14. Wacko02

Wacko02 Member

mmmm, Gold plated EK Torque fittings....... must..... resist..... :shock:

15. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

If I had a black build it would have been "gold" .....

Just saw a youtube of a build using the 011 Distro but with black soft tubing,,,basically had a short tube from the cpu port to the GPU port and it looked ok

I would have liked to get the rads that has an inlet at both ends , would be so good but I have already ordered parts

16. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

I have figured it out, with the FLT 240 at the back/side?? I will have the top rad with inlet outlet at the top back and run a hose along side the rad /fans and then do a 90 degree and drop it down behind the rad...maybe a few cable ties to keep it where I want it

Spyder6052 likes this.
  17. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

i had to modify my brand spanking new case (7000d) to fit mine, thought it would fit to the side fans, but not enough clearance from the front rad 20220115_114021[600].jpg

image needs rotating 90deg clockwise
    fits real nice there, except the pump hangs out the back of the case

18. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

I ordered extra fittings ( bends and extensions) and behind the brackets I see plenty of 120mm fan mounts where the tube can be secured....my cable mod extensions are on the way and will put them in the old case just to see how they look

juzz86 likes this.
  19. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Were these custom made ones where you paint your own design or an off the shelf pack from cablemod? Also what day did you order them?

Just seen the notice from them that orders made from 18th Jan will be delayed 4-6 weeks :shock:

20. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

from cable mod and I did paint them white/red but should have thrown something else in .......the pic shows the redline where the tubing will go for the top rad and of course the rads will be facing the other way

[​IMG]

radeon_freak likes this.