Urgent help Macbook Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Apple Desktop Hardware/Software' started by supaflygy, Nov 20, 2007.

1. supaflygy

supaflygy Member

ARRGGGGH

i am trying to install bootcamp XP
    went through the bootcamp assistant went for the resart and now i am stuck with
    Press aqny key to boot from CD
    Disk Error
    Press any key to restart.

Guess what, i cant find the ANY key and none of the others work either:wired:

restart just brings the same result. FFS

2. chrisorm

chrisorm Member

3. almghty

almghty Member

You needed to format the partition.

Bootcamp assistant formats it to FAT32 but somehow its not really ready, it just looks ready.

So when you started the windows install I'm guessing you didn't format the partition? Format it again during the windows installation to say FAT32 (which is what I did so i could copy files off it) and it should work.

Same thing happened to me..

Cheers

4. holodeck3

holodeck3 Member

agreed with almghty - I had the same problem and was getting really peed off with my machine. Turned out that if you format it, all works fine.

Once you select the partition in the windows installer, tell it to format it for FAT32 (if you want R/W access to it) or in my case, NTFS (I only use it for my amateur radio study so dont need to write, just read).

It only adds about 10 seconds to the process if you choose quick. I chose full, but it was only a 5 gig partition, so took only a few mins.