Usenet - DO NOT ASK FOR INVITES

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Snoochems, May 13, 2011.

1. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

after using sabnzbd for years i only just discover you can schedule the downloads and send email notifications :p

2. Darts

Darts Member

Finally got rid of astraweb and now only use thundernews as I got a $5 a month, unlimited deal from way back when. Use both the US and EU server.

Also whilst I was fking around I decided to get rid of sabnzbd and sickbeard after years of using them and replaced them with nzbget and sonarr. Seems really good so far. The most noticeable difference is sonarr will automatically try to download an episode from a different source if one fails.

Also DOGnzb had open rego as of I think 2 days ago

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  3. Renza

Renza Member

donate :confused:

4. Rezin

Rezin Member

Probably autocorrected from Sonarr.

5. underskore

underskore Member

just taken the leap...
    newsgroup ninja + nzbgeek +dognzb*

I've spent a little bit of time setting up nzbget + sonarr + couchpotato
    something is scheduled in sonarr for a bit later today so we'll see how that goes.

*signed up for dognzb before seeing some decent words about the nzbgeek lifetime deal, not sure if there's any point of having two indexers but at $20 per year...

Should I be thinking about setting a (pi) server for this stuff or would I be fine to just put copies of it all onto my partners machine so she can look after her own downloads (with my accounts?...)

6. Darts

Darts Member

Yeah just fixed it, autocorrect rekt me.

7. Renza

Renza Member

Haha I thought so, or maybe there was something new on the market!

8. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

I would recommend switching CouchPotato to Radarr

I found CouchPotato was killing my CPU and not really getting downloads coorect (wrong movies, failed downloads)

I have been trying Radarr for a couple of months and its pretty good. Its a fork from Sonarr and the devs are always updating it (unlike CounchPotato)

9. underskore

underskore Member

already noticed extreme cpu usage spikes - will check out radarr:thumbup:

10. Quadbox

Quadbox Member

Sooo glad whoever's forked it is developing Radarr. It seems to be working bloody well here, despite its newness. Always did loathe couchpotato

11. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

I've been using the same config file in CouchPotato for 5 years now, and I have no issues at all. I only log into it every now and then to add/remove indexers as needed.

Did you have any major issues with it?

Copie likes this.
  12. Quadbox

Quadbox Member

Yeah, it sucks. It's far worse than sickbeard ever was, and I ditched sickbeard a looooong time ago. I'm not even sure where to start listing its major faults.

I dont disagree with any of the criticisms here as a starting point though, copout of an argument that that may be, it's still true.

If I had, as you apparently have, got it working as I wanted just once, I probably would be less in a hurry to change. Except for two factors: 1. sonarr's spoiled me, and 2. it has never once, in the best part of seven years, ever, ever, ever worked properly for me. When I've got it half working, the lack of decent failed download handling has crippled it entirely

13. darknebula

darknebula Member

In over 5 years I've never had an issue with couch potato. It's been extremely reliable at downloading 1080p in the 10-20GB range and complete Blu-Ray iso's as well..

14. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

I just found couch potato would max out my CPU, and there were a bunch of movies that as soon as I put them in Radarr it found them where as Couch Potato kept getting different movies

The only thing I miss form Couch Potato is having the "coming soon" as it was a easy way to find new things

15. mmBax

mmBax Member

The only thing I miss from CP is the bookmark/script thing that would add the movie to CP from an IMDB page.
    So basically you could go to the IMDB coming soon lists, ctrl tab every movie you wanted. Then just go through tapping the bookmark, which would add it to CP. Could add about 50 movies in 2 minutes.

I see that Radarr has a add list option? I haven’t really looked into it though.

The reason I stopped using CP is that it just wasn’t picking up releases. My settings hadn’t changed, I still had working connections to my indexers and everything, yet the searches weren’t picking anything up. If I logged into an indexer and did the exact same search I’d get hits and they’d complete no problems. But for whatever reason CP stopped.

16. greencamel65

greencamel65 Member

the list function in Radarr works well when setup

I just add movies to my watchlist on imdb and radarr grabs them, if i don't already have them. Couldn't ask for better.

As for movie suggestions, just goto IMDB (or themoviedb) and add up and coming movies etc to watchlist....easier then having to log into CP anyways!

17. OP
    OP
    Snoochems

Snoochems Member

it's been a while since using newsgroups. It's so much easier than a few years ago.

I'm using Ninja, and getting the nzb's from NZBgeek. I'll be looking at the utility of Radarr later.

18. downforce

downforce Member

So my NewsDemon block account ran out today and looking for another block account.

I had three providers with volume as follows
    Internode (50%)
    Newsgroupdirect (25%)
    Newsdemon (25%)

I rarely go above ~100GB/mth across all three accounts.

I'm super out of touch with whose who these, but what would be the recommendation for another good value Block account?

I'm off to do my own research but you guys are awesome versed on this stuff so might have some good tips!

Thanks!

19. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

This is the setup I have

I have both Radarr and Sonarr setup and they work great, much better than Sickbeard and Couchpotato

20. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

I personally dont get how everyone seems to struggle with Sickbeard and Couchpotato. CP can get a little however generally it just works. I use the Sickrage fork of Sickbeard and honest to god, the most I have ever done is Add a Show then go check it out later that day because its already downloaded and categorised everything I want in great quality ready for Plex to stream to whichever device I want.

I get the feeling there is a shit ton of hyperbole when its comes to Sickbeards problems because once its set-up, its a matter of adding a new show you want.