Usenet - DO NOT ASK FOR INVITES

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Snoochems, May 13, 2011.

1. bsbozzy

bsbozzy Member

did you set your api key in sab for nzbmatrix?

2. mortal

mortal Member

Yep, during the setup steps. And also checked once setup.

This is very weird! Bookmarks work, custom rss doesn't.

3. OhFoRkMe

OhFoRkMe Member

Anyone else getting over SB only using TVDB for its source.

Really want to be able to toggle a switch on some shows to tell it to use TVRage...

4. tzortst

tzortst Member

5. mortal

mortal Member

Forgot to mention I've used the RSS checker and it was valid...so maybe its on their end?

6. OhFoRkMe

OhFoRkMe Member

Well aware of the issue and been following many of the threads on the SB forums about it.

Midgetspy has said that it would require a full recode of SB but I personally do not see how this is necessary. Surely a simple drop down box when adding the show to use a different api could be possible. Then again, I am no programmer.

7. bugayev

bugayev Whammy!

TVDB is pretty hardcoded in certain places in SB from what I can see (looking at the code). To replace every instance where it looks up TVDB with the user's selection, and then look up that selection, would require some fairly fundamental changes.

8. darth_wolf

darth_wolf Member

As a non-coder i would have thought you could just replace all instances of TVDB with a variable and just change that variable from one to the other.

Ahhh ignorance how blissful you are.

9. OhFoRkMe

OhFoRkMe Member

Agreed.

I was under the impression it was quite possible as others have managed to create small work arounds by intercepting the request to TVDB an diverting to TVRage for certain shows. Problem is, the work around is always hosted on the users personal website and as it becomes popular, it eventually goes down.

10. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

mortal, check their news feed, they had some issues in the last month, and I do recall bookmarks being affected. Personally I've never used it (full rss feed here...) so I can't be of any more help. :(
    Tried their forums to see if others are affected?

Hmm, if only that could be looped to the local cherrpy server for sickbeard?

11. kambo_rambo

kambo_rambo Member

im having no problems with nzbmatrix at all. double check your api key, and try entering the generated url into your browser to see if its valid (should be in the logs when it fails).

Using NZBMatrix (VIP) w/ couchpotato, sickbeard, sabnzbd provided by internode (astraweb). All good here :thumbup:

12. mortal

mortal Member

I posted on their forums, they think the RSS address might be too long and recommended splitting the feed into separate categories.

So going to give that a try, and I will report back.

13. mortal

mortal Member

Umm sabnzbd is auto pulling everything from the rss feed. How do I stop this?

14. bugayev

bugayev Whammy!

What are you trying to do with it? If you are selectively finding stuff, then you need to use an application like sickbeard or couchpotato to sort it out for you.

15. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

Not necessarily. Before the likes of Sickbeard and Couchpotato, using filters on the RSS feeds was easy enough to do back then, and it's just as easy now.

Just set them up with what you're after and you'll be fine. Stuff like "Item.S03*" or "*simps*S*E2*" etc. are pretty easy enough to figure out how they work.

16. mortal

mortal Member

It automagically putted an "accept" for every file, which is why it was ripping everything out.

But its just another way for me to view it. I'm trying to get my head around this shit, and try and find the optimum way to work this out.

Not sure I get everything, but I've got sickbeard to scan my TV shows folder, and then match it to the databases, change the quality to HD and then make it "seasons folder". Not really sure how to test it out to see if it works, as you can also select items and put it on a "wanted" list which I assume actively searches for that episode. Does it automatically put any upcoming episode straight on the download queue in sabnzbd?

Couchpotato looks like you manually add in movies, which seems pretty useless as the only way that I usually find movies is by browsing recently released movies.

Also the pause in SABnzbd is pretty shit, doesn't like to stop - I generally find the UI quite crap as well.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  17. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

You might want to read some guides, as I've linked them to friends and they found them helpful. Look at this one: http://www.ainer.org/sick-beard-install-setup-configuration-guide-for-ubuntu-linux-mint Ainer has some good guides on all the usenet programs, although targeted at Ubuntu, it'll work for Windows too.

Yes it will look for new episodes weekly, unless you edit the show and select "pause".

Couchpotato is great when you get the userscript addon (in the config) and browse IMDB to add movies you like. If you go into the config, you can also make it auto add any movie the bluray.com rss fee with an IMDB rating of above X, so thats how you can auto-add some new movies.

The pause works fine, maybe you've got files on "force" which ignores pause.

As for the UI, change the skin? Plush is pretty awesome and smpl is good too.

18. mortal

mortal Member

Couchpotato also ripped out files from SABnzbd that it thought were movie files and moved them into the movies folder from the downloads folder (ones I never put through couchpotato but took control of). How do you stop this?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  19. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

Use categories in Sab for everything, point the other programs to specific folders to prevent cross-contamination. Apart from that, taking time to config them all right has worked for me quite well.

20. mortal

mortal Member

Ah ok so the programs interface to SAB through categories... :o