1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Usenet - DO NOT ASK FOR INVITES

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Snoochems, May 13, 2011.

1. tzortst

tzortst Member

I think you missed the point of my post

2. mike-s

mike-s Member

That point being he flipped like a coin?
    My first thought was he was doing it either as part of repayment or as a way to grab a bit of money.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  3. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

:rolleyes: Because your news server is getting DMCA takedowns on the files, and hence they are incomplete.

4. dave-

dave- Member

Oh the test is more to see if I'm capable of getting it running, not about the value of the software.

5. jajjj

jajjj Member

Does the $15 dollar version allow for apis and scheduling with cp/sb/sab ??

6. noober69

noober69 Member

I had a stab at nzbmovieseeker last night. It has a pretty face but seems to default to binsearch.info. I am happy to create the nzb's myself, but found them having a number instead of a name, which is confusing for archiving. I also found a number that were incomplete, even when I included the pars. It is harder without the comments to tell you what is borked. Also hard being a noob.
    Hopefully I will get there. I don't have the bandwidth or the speed to index myself, or skills really. Damn that nooberism.
    I will keep a lookout, not ready to give up yet. The more pita this is the more torrence looks the goods.

7. p3t0r

p3t0r Member

Thankfully my sickbeard is still pulling shows as per their schedule from their own indexer!!

I'd like the option to stream or cache/DL. There are TV shows where I don't care about HD (wifes TV shows :p)

If usenet is going to be crippled hard, there needs to be an all-you-can-eat offering similar to Rdio and Spotify. Even if it costs as much as foxtel, I want to be able to watch content I pay for (DRM or whatever) without freaking advertising! 50% of the reason why I DL media is because I am time poor, I dont have time to watch 20 minutes of ads in a 40 min show. The other 50% is I want to make my own schedule, when I am available (I know PVR's have helped with this, but the ads man! the ads~!)

someone made a comment about being able to move / rename their media? who cares if there was a service that managed that all for you. do you care about moving/renaming stuff when using XBMC? That's one thing I enjoy about Rdio and spotify.

8. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Yep, the GF gets her Two and a Half Men in SD xD

Stream cache would be awesome. Have it cache as soon as its available and just let me watch it whenever i want.

My subscription ends, then they take the files away with em (or something)

9. GooSE

GooSE New Member

NZBs.org seems to be chugging away nicely, despite their website being down.

10. greeninferno

greeninferno Member

you sure its down not just hiding ?

http://nzbs.org/login

i know its a long shot but if anyone's got an invite to

- DogNZB.cr
    - NZBs.org

it would be greatly appreciated

:( i am going to miss NZBmatrix

11. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

Try installing it in a VM, using the free version of newznab.. if you can get it going, delete it all and then pay/reinstall the paid for version..

I don't really have a clue about linux at all, and no idea of wtf is going on, but for the most part, if you follow the guides, it's pretty straight forward..

12. dave-

dave- Member

That's the plan Vladdo :)

I'd happily pay the same as a foxtel subscription and stop downloading if something like that existed.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  13. Imitation

Imitation Member

There are tons of people on irc asking questions having problems with it but it worked perfectly first time for me.

14. aokman

aokman Member

I had quite a few problems but it was more related to the vague documentation and weird quirks etc...

15. hdkhang

hdkhang Member

Would it not be better to just find those items via binsearch or other similar sites?

I thought the main thing people wanted out of their own newznab was integration with sickbeard etc. for automated downloading.

16. bsbozzy

bsbozzy Member

It's over, none of the usual "linux iso's" that I grab that have come out since nzbm went down have been complete...

17. downunderground

downunderground Member

Must be looking in the wrong places. All fine on my end.

18. GGG-2

GGG-2 Member

Really, since switching to Newznab everything here has download and completed without issue.

19. aokman

aokman Member

sort of, like i said i am setting this up for some other people to use also, so i will be indexing quite far back. 30 day index just finished :)

20. Sir Ghallahad

Sir Ghallahad Member

I installed the free version, and it setup sweet first go no probs. But im going to buy the + for the regex files. Would it be a good idea to format and reinstall it all? Or do you just put in your +id in and apart from that its no different to the free version?