UV tempered glass screen protectors with fingerprint sensors

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by spotted, Sep 5, 2021.

1. spotted

spotted Member

are there uv tempered glass screen protectors that don't work with fingerprint sensors
    I see that some UV liquid tempered glass screen protectors work with ultrasonic fingerprint sensors
    Others say nothing about it. I thought the point of the UV glue was that it works with it.

Are there some that work and some that don't?

2. dainese

dainese Member

don't have much experience because my Pixel 6 is my first in screen fingerprint scanner.

I used some random pixel 1 glass protector and it was fine.

switched to a hydro gel thing from ebay (whbich was otherwise quite nice) but it no longer scans

3. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Form what I've read you do have to be careful with your purchase as some are flaky and don't detect fingerprints all that well. So you will need to look at user feedback.

4. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

on a related note - i bought a screen protector (ESR branded) from Amazon that came with a case that you put on your phone, and then the screen protector lines up perfectly. 1000000x better than the old way of trying to line it up!!!

MR CHILLED likes this.
  5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yep, I got one for myself and a mate, for ipads.....ESR get great feedback generally from purchasers and I've definitely found it to be one of the better protectors around :thumbup:

6. dainese

dainese Member

how was the case? I seem to be on this perpetual hunt for a thin case that is strong to resist drops

7. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

nah, ESR Tempered-Glass Screen Protector Compatible with iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro, with Easy Installation Frame, Ultra Tough, Clear, 3 Pack https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B099KMZPMZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_Q225F2W8RD3NKW82XC7R

This is what I bought. It’s just a case you clip onto the front so the screen protector lines up.

I’ve heard the RhinoShield cases are quite good. Thin, but provide good protection. Apparently a bitch to get off too. I’m ordering a Spiegen tomorrow (hopefully when progadgets has a Black Friday sale)

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

That's the thing I love about the ESR range, they provide the frame to line it up, same on the ipad.

I have a Spigen case currently (on an S20 Ultra), very stylish, reasonably thin, and rock solid when dropped. Phone dropped a few times now and can't even see any marks.

supasaiyan likes this.