V Black

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by davidcarney21, Jun 18, 2005.

1. SpaceFrog

SpaceFrog Member

Red Eye Rulez!!

So is V black is more potent ey? will have to keep that in mind. I tried it once and was turned off from the taste of it. I prefer Red Eye by far, the only reason I get V is because it is so readily available and it tastes half decent.

I didn't really understand why they released such a vile tasting drink, because most ppl who don't drink energy drinks dislike the taste, and I'd say most ppl drink V over other energy drinks because of the taste. It seems to have turned off all V fans.

<PLUG>
    Red Eye is made in Keon Park, Melbourne (about 1km -2km from where I'm sitting right now) So Support Local Industries guys!!!
    Red Eye has several flavours, Passion being nice if u like a fruity flavour. I personally like classic the best. Platinum is just ... weird, but It's good once in a while. Gold is also very nice.
    Red Eye is usually cheaper than the other energy drinks, and I reckon it has a greater effect than V.
    </PLUG>

2. d-cee

d-cee Member

haven't seen em around =\

im from sydney

3. SpeedyDerek

SpeedyDerek Member

Just bumping this thread with my V-black experience last night, drank a bottle and a half around 11pm to catch the F1's in brazil (finished around 5:30am), and couldnt get to sleep at least 7, with restless sleep after that.

Definately much more potent than the regular V, which doesnt seem to do anything for me. Shame it tastes strange/bad.

4. SpeedyDerek

SpeedyDerek Member

Do they have a direct-to-public outlet there? i wouldnt mind buying a few cases of Red Eye platinum.

5. Rik

Rik AWOL

I thought the Black flavour was a very syrupy coffee/cola flavour, it's nice at first, but every time I buy a bottle I wonder why I did, as by the time I get to the end of it I find the taste foul.

Count me as another RedEye drinker, local Coles used to have it and I'd mix it with Vodka for some dangerous shenanigans... but now I can't find it anymore.

6. SavvyFx

SavvyFx Member

V Black is horrible. I didn't even finish the can. It tastes like coke and coffee but worse.

Now Red Bull, first time I had a taste of that but clever marketing of the wakeboarders got me to try it again. I actually quite like the taste now and it is by far my favourite out of the energy drinks. I believe it is more potent than V, but not V Black.

7. milenko17

milenko17 Member

I tried it a while ago.

Baught a V black and a V regular jsut in case.

Had a big sip of th eblack to try it out. Tasted jsut like regular V except it had an aftertaste that made me want to throw up.

V is my regular energy drink, so as lon as there is some green im happy.

8. SUbatomiC

SUbatomiC Member

I only realised a week ago that V-black is actually black! same colour as coke. I'm just hoping I'm not the only person who drank it thinking it was the same colour as normal v? :Paranoid:

I said earlier that they taste the same but now I disagree and think that normal v is better, although Red Eye is still the best :D

Platinum is very sweet tasting where as Gold has a bitter aftertaste which very nice. They're the onlt two I have easy access to out of the range

9. folken2k

folken2k Member

a little bit better than the normal one for me... i'm a red bull fan anyway :leet:

10. chompy2

chompy2 Member

Join the club, I've been looking around for the stuff but alas I have had no luck. I know it is around because other people tell me. Just need to continue to look