Valves Found in Shed!!!

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by ChiefBoss, Sep 19, 2016.

1. ChiefBoss

ChiefBoss Member

My parents recently purchased an old RFDS radio base. The place hasn't been used as a communications hub for decades but in the attic I found a few boxes of valve amplifiers - about 200 valves in total.

Was wondering if they are of any value? I took one for ID purposes. I believe the box it was in is for a different model. There seems to be several different varieties.

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

2. alexb618

alexb618 Member

3. ipex

ipex Member

contact your local ham radio club , they will be able to put you in touch with one of their club members who will be interested

4. AxlOz

AxlOz Member

The fine chaps over at the Aussie Guitar Gear Heads forum would be able to tell you what these valves may be good for, and if they're suitable for guitar amps there'll possibly be someone there who you can sell them to. A smallish forum base, but a super friendly bunch of good people - not dissimilar to OCAU!

http://www.guitargear.net.au/discussion/

edit - wow, just noticed this is from September last year.. Necropost!

5. mjunek

mjunek Member

And another necro post - the OD3 pictured is a voltage regulator tube. No use for any form of amplification, other than maybe as a screen voltage reference for a pentode.
    That said, if you get the right current through it, the emit an awesome purplish glow, for good effect.

Of they're still around, I'd be curious to take a dig through and see if anything is usable.