1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

VIA and PCI-E

Discussion in 'Other CPUs and chipsets' started by alvarez, Jan 29, 2007.

1. alvarez

alvarez Member

Ive been looking to invest in on of the VIA small form factor motherboards and CPU combos for a NES pc Im looking to build but for all my searching I havent found such a mother board with PCI-E.

Is there such a product or do they all come with PCI?

I dont realy know too much about VIA this has all been gathered from thier website as only 1 of the 20 plus computer stores I went to actulay acknowledged that VIA make processors.

Thanks for any info you can offer

2. SLATYE

SLATYE SLATYE, not SLAYTE

Via's website doesn't show any mini-ITX or nano-ITX boards with PCIe. If you don't need something quite that small, Asus's K8V-VM is 245 x 192mm (a bit smaller than mATX).

There are some mini-ITX Commell boards available here, but those are not cheap ($500+ without a CPU; the CPU is a standard Core Duo/Core Solo/Pentium-D).

3. Optinreich

Optinreich Member

yes, Asus K8V-VM is a decent little mobo with pci-e. I use one myself see sig :)

4. jboles

jboles Member

It doesn't have PCI-E, but check out the mini-ITX Asrock ki51pv-754 as it has Geforce 6100 graphics (which means you may not need PCI-e after all). A CPU for it would be dirt cheap too.