VIa Drivers and Win98 bad HD scores

Discussion in 'Other CPUs and chipsets' started by MoRpHeUs, Jun 27, 2001.

1. MoRpHeUs

MoRpHeUs Member

once i do a re-install of win98 and then install via drivers (Doesnt matter wat ones) i get a HD score of 24000 for Sisoft Sandra, then if i try to change the Via Drivers to a newer/older version my HD scores go down to 18000. Even if i go back to drives using with origianal score it still does this. Only way to beat this is to re-install windows then re-install via drivers.

anyone else have this problem.

2. OP
    OP
    MoRpHeUs

MoRpHeUs Member

well come on?

3. Toto

Toto Member

Yes, it’s bloody frustrating. Try, defragging your system, I find that this often helps bring them back up (but not as much as they initially were)…

4. scummer

scummer Member

If you've got an extra pci slot and some spare change install a promise controller card (or brand of your choice) for your drive. That should help with the transfers and it will also give you some extra expansion room to boot.:p

5. Manaz

Manaz (Damned or Belated)

It has often been said that Microsoft's IDE drivers are better than the ones Via produce - I guess the solution is to not install the 4in1s in their entirety, leaving the IDE driver section out.

I don't know what to do though *after* you have installed the 4in1s, to get the original drivers back. Have you checked the M$ website to see if the drivers are available there?