1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Via EPIA Car PC

Discussion in 'Other CPUs and chipsets' started by Z3PHER, Feb 20, 2006.

1. TrennaHowar

TrennaHowar Member

what an awsome idea, i will def have 2 check that out, u got any pics/ links where i find out about this?? awsome stuff....

2. Doogs2590

Doogs2590 Member

Ill have to dig it up im sure its on xbox scene somewhere, there is even a guy in perth who will make up the adapter to use a standard atx psu for like $30. The thing im trying to work out is how to be able to use it in the car and house without having to crack it open everytime to change psus. I was thinking maybe a morex style psu that they use in mini itx cases and then i could use the external power pack when i want to use it inside.

Anyway this is a bit of a thread hijack so we had better stay on topic!

3. hacker

hacker Member

If you can't be stuffed making a VB interface, theres quite a few freeware Front Ends for CarPCs. My favourite is Media Engine mainly because I have Destinator GPS software already, and it works a treat.

But as I said, theres a ton of them out there, even if you use them just to get ideas.

Anyway, good luck with it mate, keep us posted!

4. wombo

wombo Member

Also Centrafuse is also a very polished front end

5. OP
    OP
    Z3PHER

Z3PHER Member

Woo pre done front ends. Thanks guys.

Sorry about the bumpage, i need to get on ocau more often :p

6. fad

fad Member

I started on my car pc. I have a epia M10000 1ghz board. I have to get a LCD and a PSU for the car.

I have a cubid 26xx case, with a psu in it, but I saw some nice car PSU's.

I had it running centrafuse as a test. It seemed quite nice. It can hibernate it in 20secs, which can be done when you leave the car. Also prob about the same to wake it up. I have issues with the phone support, and GPS system.