VIA ide busmaster drivers

Discussion in 'Other CPUs and chipsets' started by MoNk{LAH}, Aug 12, 2001.

1. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

I recently installed WinXP, and my new AXIA 1ghz. Everything was fine until tonight. WinXP doesnt detect my DVD drive or my CDRW. It keep saying that i need to install the VIA IDE Bus Master Drivers. The Primary/Secondary IDE channels have been diabled, and now i can't access my cdrom or burner :mad:
    I've tried reinstalling the via driver, from 4.28 to 4.32, butit still asks for the drivers.
    Does anyone know where these drivers are stored by XP?
    Help plez

2. Janos

Janos Member

if you proceed with the driver installation to the point where Windows complains it couldn't find [it], you will also see the exact name of [it]. Then it's easier to use Find File or something like that to locate the stuff.

Be careful with your speeds - I can almost smell your northbridge burning... when you start losing devices like this, it's a warning sign.

Cheers, Janos.

3. MTD9645

MTD9645 Member

G'day,

I had a problem under XP, hard drive light on all the time, and could not access my DVD or CD-RW, the surgested fix fot the MS-beta-newsgroups was swap the jumpers on the 2 cd from CD-RW Secondary Master to Secondary Slave and vice visa for the DVD, of went the drive light and XP found the 2 cd ok and now both work.:)