[VIC] Help request to test 4850x2

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Gus the Mus, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Gus the Mus

Gus the Mus Member

Hey all, I've got a 4850x2 that I need assistance to test. I think it's faulty & I've tried everything that Sapphire have suggested & they have now suggested that I take it back to the reseller for testing but I'd like to put it in someone else's rig to test beforehand if possible. I'm in the Narre Warren area & you'll need some reasonably late model hardware, possibly latest bios & drivers for your mobo & a reasonably beefy PSU. BTW, the problem is that it causes complete lock up of the system after a couple of minutes in a 3d game.

If anyone's willing to help out a fellow OCAU'er, please let me know & I will try to organise a time in the next few days.

Cheers,

Gus

2. terroristone

terroristone Member

your far from me, but i might be able to help you out on saturday, i have 3 systems here you can try it in, x48, p35, and amd 939, xp,vista 64, and windows 7.
    Andrew

3. OP
    OP
    Gus the Mus

Gus the Mus Member

Thanks for the offer but I'll try to find someone reasonably close as I've got people coming from interstate this weekend as well as a 1y.o. birthday party to get organised!

4. vathink

vathink (Banned or Deleted)

hey mate, I got the exact same card and it ran fine with E8400, EP45 and a 430w TT PSU that came with a M9 case :tongue:. So if you want, you are more than welcome to test your card in my system.

I ran an hour of 3Dmark06 and it passes just fine. Played left4dead and COD5 as well.

5. OP
    OP
    Gus the Mus

Gus the Mus Member

Hmmm, if it ran fine with that PSU, I've got another system here with a CM 430W so maybe I'll give that a go first. Cheers for the heads up & depending on how I go, I might take you up on the offer.