1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Vista licence question

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by Da Madness, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Da Madness

Da Madness Member

I just bought myself a copy of Vista Home Premium OEM and was wondering if I'm able to install it on my desktop as well as my laptop or do I need buy a another copy? Is this also the case if I want to setup the windows media center on a Home Theater Pc?

2. F117-Nighthawk

F117-Nighthawk (Banned or Deleted)

well from my experience you can only activate the OEM on ONE pc, so if you update your motherboard or something like that you will need to buy a new one.

on XP its different ive activated an OEM on 4 pc's lol

3. Thhhza

Thhhza Member

OEM = installable only on 1 PC and is not transferable

i.e. if you activate it on your PC and then on your laptop, it will not activate on your laptop. You need a separate copy.

4. looktall

looktall Working Class Doughnut

5. vegeta529

vegeta529 Member

my dad bought a copy of Vista Ultimate OEM and it said something to the effect of "Windows Vista Ultimate OEM 3PL" under the the serial. Does that mean 3 product licenses? I will have to try it and see :)

6. Saiyan_Overlord

Saiyan_Overlord Member

OEM copies are one computer only and IIRC tied to that computer? (unless you can get past ms tech support saying you had to replace your mainboard because it died or something when you were building a new rig).