War Thunder

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Frenchpom, Feb 15, 2013.

1. josh_676

josh_676 Member

It's just greedy, like you said, the aces pack made sense with the eagles and premium tacked on, 40 bucks for one tank? No thanks...

It's not like say DCS with the planes they sell for forty dollars, which is an entire simulation of an entire plane...

T4 and above is boring anyway.

2. japes

japes Member

Played some Armored Warfare. It shows promise but it needs some work - everything feels so quick and stops on a dime.

Decided to VPN and get some Rubles action and actually commit to a pack for War Thunder. I'll see if I regret it within the next 60 days :)

3. josh_676

josh_676 Member

What's the price difference?

4. japes

japes Member

Pretty substantial. I picked up the Heavy Armor Advanced Pack for just under AUD$70 final cost; Paypal conversion rates were a bit skewy and it should have been cheaper, around the $66 mark.

If that was from the store it would have been AUD$111, assuming the prices are in USD (never went to checkout - guessing it is since everyones quoting $40 for the Black Prince).

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  5. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

Yeah I like how the german tanks look but until you get the Tiger I feel like its not much fun to drive them as you just get roflstomped by t34's.

Tables turn at bit starting at the BR5.7 Tiger and Panther, when well angled its pretty hard to take down them down frontally in a T34-85 or IS1 (same BR).

And the Tiger 2 laughs at the IS2 in a 1 on 1 frontal fight.

6. japes

japes Member

I prefer playing around the BR 3-4 ratings; find 5.7 and above quite boring, especially when queuing in at 5.7 and seeing a lineup of people in 6.7's farming and hoping there aren't enough for 7.7 games - happens basically every game due to BR skew. Currently having a good bash at German 4.3's and play a bit of Russian 4.3's inbetween.

Panzer IV's are definitely not the strongest tank in the class but the 75mm still packs a decent punch (and it should probably be stronger). Hard to defend your left side drivers port and right side ammo storage at the same time :thumbup:

7. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

Yeah i'm toughing through 5.7 until i can do my own 6.7 farming lol.

8. r8response

r8response Member

Unless you have a 7.7 Tank, you'll be the one getting farmed at 6.7 :(

9. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

Now that I've gotten the APCR round on the is1 and 34-84 its not as bad at 5.7 vs tiger 2's. I can at least pen them from the front at weakspots.

And the SU-152 still kills them ok as a backup.

10. japes

japes Member

Running a triple T34 3.7 team.

Fucking ridiculously overpowered. That Russian balance :thumbdn:

11. josh_676

josh_676 Member

I can go 25 - 0 pretty easily with the 42, they nerfed it out a bit since then... But still mucho funnus.

12. japes

japes Member

Yep; first day running them and I had an 18-0 round on Tunisia with the T34E already. It's disgustingly easy. The F34 penetration is just ridiculous. Feels like how the KwK40 should.

Also always looking for people to arcade bash with over Christmas break if anyones keen - only have one other friend still playing. "japes" ingame.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  13. DARREN

DARREN Member

Arcade battles? 3.7 BR has been dominated by Stalinium for some time. The new British tanks seem to fair quite well though, or at least as good as anything.

14. josh_676

josh_676 Member

I'll add you and we can have a few battles on Christmas if you're kicking around.

Arcade, but even on RB it's 10 - 0 pretty easily.

15. DARREN

DARREN Member

Really 10-0 easily? You must be amazing to consistently get that amount of kills :shock: ? Most rounds I play are over too quick to jag so many kills but I think my win ratio is around 80% in most of the 3.7 ish BR T34's.

16. r8response

r8response Member

Unless he is in the T-10M, i'd say it's almost impossible to consistently get 10-0 in Realistic Battles.

17. josh_676

josh_676 Member

That's not every outing, but I wouldn't say it is ultra uncommon. Same same for the 27 - 0, it used to be game after game, but a lot of that would br BR mismatch and slugging stuarts and grants etc, it seems to be fixed now.

18. japes

japes Member

Overall KDR and win percentages are probably a better example than quoting figures from a good round every now and then.

I played high risk high reward AB for a full day with no experience in the T34s and came away with a KDR of over 7 and a winrate of 82% over 16 games so far in the T34E. Small sample size, but jesus.

Russian balance departments :thumbup:

Edit: Maybe I should keep my mouth shut.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  19. japes

japes Member

So who wants to do these Christmas (ground) tasks? :)

20. japes

japes Member

Going for the triple post - anyone keen for some AB Ground action tonight?