War Thunder

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Frenchpom, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Coopz

Coopz Member

[​IMG]

Doesn't get much closer than that:sick:
    Enemy team was dominating most of the caps but they were too aggressive and lost around 2 tanks for every loss we had, in the last 3-4 minutes my side retook 2 of the caps as over half the enemy side was knocked out:thumbup:
    We ended up winning by the skin of our teeth.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  2. r8response

r8response Member

[​IMG]

Dropping a single 1000lb bomb right beside a Maus with my A-26C, that's worth about 10,000 lions itself :lol:

3. japes

japes Member

Still looking for anyone to play this with regularly, focusing on Ground at the moment. Currently just smashing out AB for RP but looking to get into RB with a Squad. 65% Winrate, 80th percentile average.

4. Coopz

Coopz Member

I work shifts but I'm on sometimes during the day 'Coopz'. Have a few others ('Murcans) I sometimes play with. Usually German RB games but I do like the fun asnd random BS of arcade.

5. DARREN

DARREN Member

I still play a number of rounds almost every day. I almost exclusively play RB these days though. I also play regularly with a group of 4 other people at times so we often have a squad of 4. Dazzar1 is my username in Warthunder.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  6. staffy007

staffy007 Member

working 12hr days but my wind down is this or war ships, be good to play some teamwork :thumbup: hopeless at it but there for the fun :D
    might hit you up for a game or 2

7. japes

japes Member

Smashed out the A-26 Invader event last night. Pity it's overtiered.

So beautiful.

8. r8response

r8response Member

Had it for a couple of years now.

It was good to grind out the B17 to B24 line at the time.

I take it into ground forces from time to time. Good to drop a 1000lb bomb on a Maus or two.

9. Coopz

Coopz Member

I wonder what version of Warthunder had the biggest population? The planes or the Ground Forces element? Only had about 10 goes with the plane element, always liked the tank battles.

10. japes

japes Member

Definitely air.

Had a couple of other funny moments during the event - funny how it takes free stuff for people to be all over grouping up etc. I found 3 randoms in chat and we went 26 wins from 28 games in just under five hours.

Watching an angle when suddenly.. https://gfycat.com/MiniatureOblongFugu

.. and this gem in a game with 7 Calliopes.

1.57 is live tonight for us, servers go down at 6:30 AEDST. Looking forward to the APHE changes that appear to be nerfing the Russian OHK potential in ground forces.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  11. Coopz

Coopz Member

Anyone played the KV2? See so many in the game now and although they are slow and fairly easy to kill, their doom cannon is utterly lethal. I know they have a long reload but so many players seem to be using them as long range snipers with a great deal of success. Doesn't seem to matter where they hit my Tiger, Jagdpanther or Panther they die. Just in WoT they have comical accuracy, missing even point blank targets sometimes which seemed to be a reflection of them in real life, unreliable, clumsy, highly ineffective and only able to fire on level ground.

12. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

I enjoyed my time in the KV2. Its very strong played peek a boom style backing behind cover while you reload, works especially well on the city maps. In addition to this despite not being very thick the armour on the hull and turret front can be very trollish and gets quite a lot of bounces. Like you said its quite accurate at long range too, though the shell travel time is quite slow.

I don't die much to them after grinding though KV2 though, just avoid any situation where you are trading shots with them becasue you are likely to get one shot.

They are pretty easy to flank most of the time, have awful gun depression and a round in the side of the barn side turret will either one shot them or leave them completely unable to return fire while you finish them off.

I was fun to drive though, I had a lot rounds where i got a ton of kills. Back when I ground though it it was only BR 4.7 too.

13. Coopz

Coopz Member

Talk about shitty luck... Not having much fun this week.

14. japes

japes Member

15. japes

japes Member

Apparently Russian forum mods have mentioned the likely removal of LMS from Ground Forces. :thumbup:

16. Linkin

Linkin Member

The KV-1B 756R is beastly if you know how to play it right.

[​IMG]

17. japes

japes Member

Only gets a single spawn in SB though :(

18. Linkin

Linkin Member

That was a sim battle :)

19. japes

japes Member

If anyone knows where to hit you though it's a quick exit. Much more reliable taking mediums. :thumbup:

20. Linkin

Linkin Member

I found the trick is to keep at distance not expose your driver viewport, so angle the tank pretty hard. At range the side armour is good enough to deflect most shots.