War Thunder

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Frenchpom, Feb 15, 2013.

1. japes

japes Member

Don't get me wrong, it's a great tank, especially in that event, but mediums are so damn strong in SB. :thumbup:

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

New patch and lot's of changes - Update 1.59 "Flaming Arrows" released!

Full Change-log

3. Coopz

Coopz Member

Any advice with the KV2?
    Mines pretty much fully researched but I have ZERO luck with it. Maybe one in 10 hits kills the target. The rest does minor module damage. Everyone says 'use the stock HE shells' but they don't seem to do the job. Every time I'm hit by a KV2 even in my heavy tanks I blow up. I always aim at the turret as well..

Last few games I've scored less than 100 points in it and I'm not attacking, trying to hold back and snipe.

4. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

I had a lot of success in the KV2 playing aggressive, worked best on the city maps. I would just peek, one shot whoever was there and pull back to reload.

I used the AP shell personally except at 700m+ range. I found it a lot more consistent. Nothing worse than getting the side of a Tiger 2 and not getting the kill with a HE hit when the AP would have been an easy kill.

Make sure not to take too much ammo, it makes you easy to get one shot. I would usually only bring 10 shells and if I used those up it meant I was probably having a good game and could get more at a cap point.

I would also angle my turret between shots and found it could be pretty bouncy.

5. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

KV2 sit back and snipe or play peek a boo - it is to slow for CQ.

6. japes

japes Member

I haven't been able to play this anywhere near as much as I'd like to lately; only find it fun in a squad and I've had trouble catching my squadron on the weekends.

Looks like there's been some decent fixes in today's weird maintenance - I'm hoping anti-cheat changes as well (not that it's a major problem, I just know a couple of rats that need banning), but other than that it seems to be DM/FM changes.

No T-29 fix unfortunately. Still waiting to pull the trigger on that premium to grind out US Ground Forces, but then I wonder to what end? I'd rather play my Russian/German Tier V's.

7. Linkin

Linkin Member

Has anyone ever watched these "super unicorn reviews" They're fucking hilarious

8. japes

japes Member

So the games officially released now, and they've done it at a pretty logical step compared to most F2P betas with the introduction of Aviation/Army for each of the four main nations and boats in CBT.

Anti-cheat has also been getting shit done lately. :thumbup:

http://warthunder.com/en/news/4412/current/

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  9. Neuralstasis

Neuralstasis Member

So for people like me trying to get off the World of Tanks Heroin, come try some meth: War Thunder.

South east Asia server numbers are so low that I have never got a tank battle other than Arcade, so maybe some other folks want to join?
    Only been playing it for a few days but the game seems fine.

10. r8response

r8response Member

I don't even have the SEA server selected anymore. I just play on the US server.

11. josh_676

josh_676 Member

Really like the Puma in Realistic Battles, bit of a glass cannon but just be smart.

12. staffy007

staffy007 Member

ping is the only downfall to playing US servers

13. r8response

r8response Member

Ping doesn't seem to have as much effect as something like an FPS being played on a US server

14. japes

japes Member

Get used to it pretty quick - can be a bit annoying with stealth rounds in the air though. Ground it's still good.

Plays amazingly smooth for 250ms. :thumbup:

15. excrament

excrament Member

have a war thunder account ground to rank 3 in RUSSIAN aircraft if any one is interested just pm me and ill pass on details etc

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017