1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Warframe

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by boneburner, Jun 27, 2012.

1. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

yeah ping me in game, I won't surface for a while, busy fishing.

grimdraken is me if you want a clan invite.

2. droopz

droopz Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took ages but finally got a perfect 40kg.

[​IMG]

3. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

So today I did my sorties and this was the first time I got one of these!

Haven't tried to go to the plains yet. I'll give it some time later.

Not sure about it but there seems to have been some things done recently in the game - I'm no longer getting a constant 100fps. Not sure what is goingon there...

[​IMG]

4. droopz

droopz Member

Where were you playing? I understand that the new earth tileset update took a swipe and many peoples FPS numbers.

5. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

The Plains area dipped me down to the 30fps range. I had a few other smaller tilesets which has been dipping my FPS.

I think I'll have to make that order for the i5-8400 earlier. It'll probably speed up things for me. There's at least a 40% increase in power to my i7-2600 currently. Probably mates up better to the GTX980 too.

6. droopz

droopz Member

I recently replaced my i7-2600. It's held it's own for a long time, but I noticed it was showing its age as well. I went the Ryzen 1500x route and have been thrilled with its performance.

7. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

My computer gave up the magic smoke yesterday afternoon.

Right after I completed Sortie 1, the kids dragged me away for a couple of minutes. I came back and it was sitting in crash state showing there was a shut down due to power surge detected.

Couldn't boot the thing back up. Motherboard fubar.

Waiting now on stock for the i5-8400 to come in before I can resurrect the computer. Hopefully the single core that can ramp up to 4GHz will give it a better go on the computer.

I read somewhere someone managed to get the single core performance up to 5GHz as well. I have no idea how it's done but I guess I'll give it a go when I get it to see.

Arguably it'll be a decent upgrade. Games functioning on the single core will use the fast core for processing leaving me 5 cores for the multi tasking side of things.

Only bummer so far is the stock is low for the new CPUs. I've been told an ETA of 31st October for stock arrival.

8. droopz

droopz Member

In the plains, with everything maxed during a fight in a camp for example, i'm sitting around 150-190fps. Only thing I have off is Motion Blur. (Yes I even like the colour correction setting :p )

Ryzen 5 1500x and a 1080 with everything on a SSD.

9. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Well, we now have the Eidolon on farm in Killers Network. This is a screenshot during a recording for the test build for Chroma and the Opticor which I used to help successfully take down the Eidolon with the rest of the guys.

[​IMG]
    Yeah, that's 1.7 million dmg.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Wozzernux likes this.
  10. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Take the shot!

Don't miss!!! :D

11. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

I had to redo my Opticor. Had it, levelled it, sold it and now I needed it again. Been putting it back together.

This is the build I'm intending on along with the Riven Mod that I scored a while back.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Any suggestions toward a different build?

12. Wozzernux

Wozzernux Member

Fez and I have talked Opticor builds on and off since POE dropped on the 13th, we're both fans of corrosive over crit because they wreck the absolute shit out of those stupid Grineer Bolkor gunships that like to jump in when you're running bounties, incursions, or even when fishing/mining alone out in bumfuck nowhere :Paranoid:

Considering the highest bounty spawns level 60 enemies, at that level those Bolkor gunships have a shitload of armour and rain absolute DPS hell while you're trying to defend the stationary armoured vehicle/trailer thing.

Chroma and Opticor is a hilarious anti aircraft combo, the Lanka also goes hard :D

13. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

14. connico

connico Member

Yeah sorry mate, I've been busy with work, travel and havn't been on much. Also was trying a few different games as well...

I prob won't be on to play when destiny 2 comes out too lol :p

15. Bauhaus1919

Bauhaus1919 Member

Yea I am hooked on PUBG, and I will try Desitney 2 as well if its shate then warframe baby!

16. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Opticor rebuilt and sorted out with Forma. It does something around the vicinity of 66-82k damage when it crits and it crits quite often. Shooting at 0.8/second is much better than the usual interminable wait time...
    [​IMG]

I've also completed a couple of Forma into Harrow. I'm quite enjoying that frame at present. I'm finding a lot of engagement in game play through the use of the specials. The hard cap of Penance ability at 120 seconds I've worked out means there's little point in maxing out shields completely. A single Primed Vigour will be adequate when Condemn is thrashing and giving Overshields. Maximises the shields out to around 3100 and this gives Penance a duration of around 110 seconds for something like 36% fire rate and 72% reload speed.

Thurible sticking around for the 110 second range isn't too bad either. I haven't really used Covenant much. Need to toy with it a bit more to see where it plays in my game style.

17. dinkleton

dinkleton Member

Just got into this; loving it so far with a few mates. Started a small clan so another part of the game to sink teeth into.

Very complex game overall, only MR 3 at the moment so haven't experienced much. If you would like to hook up in game add me: d1nkletr0n

18. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Complexity is definitely one of the things in this game.

The only real recommendation I can provide you is take the whatever little chunks you are able to take. Don't try to take as much of it all as possible as soon as possible. You get a better opportunity to more fully experience and get yourself in the game this way. My game is currently MR23 out of the possible MR24 currently available in the game (max is MR30) and I've been putting little focus here and there as things have been. I've overall found that doing it this way, things haven't been overly too daunting and I haven't had the feeling of being too overwhelmed by things.

I'm keeping up slowly with the new weapons and frames that are being released and still have a bit to do with the Archwing section and haven't even looked at the Plains of Eidolon yet.

I'm only really now getting into the place where I feel I'm not catching up with the frames and weapons and such and can now be putting some time into certain weapons to get them set up with the Forma to get the builds I want out of them.

19. omen_child

omen_child Member

How long has it taken you to get to this point? I'm only gaming casually, maybe 10 hours a week at most and feel like I've barely scratched the surface after about a month.

20. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

at 10 hours a week you'll be still gathering the base frames after a year at the rate you're going, unless you get people to help you farm them. Due to the procedural nature of the missions, there's not a lot of incentive to stick around and stop to smell the roses, and purely because there's SO MUCH content locked behind RNG, that you're best bet is to pick a goal for a gaming session, and stick to it. Eg: in 1 night, you could easily farm a frame from boss fights. That alone could be a month long endeavour for a casual player, or moreso.

The old timers know that your time is a premium, so they smash through missions at blinding speed, because you'll be doing the same mission types over and over again to get any actual "progression" of stuff accumulation in the game.

Wozzernux likes this.