Warframe

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by boneburner, Jun 27, 2012.

1. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

I can't tell when I added Warframe to my Steam library.

I am however somewhere between 600-650 days played. I'm mostly playing around 45-90 minutes most evenings at the moment because of general children/work/home/gym/life busy stuff and that's about as much as I can manage before it's bedtime for now. i can only keep track because I've passed the 600 days login mark and have a Primed Shred mod.

Fez is right though. 10 hours per week equates to around 1.5-2 hours of a night. The game is locked heavily behind grind walls which you have to bash with a RNG mallet. You will have barely scratched the surface and you won't even feel that you've got much more in before 6 months. There's just way too much content that the devs have dumped into the game. There's a lot of it that just doesn't feel much like any part of being within theme of the game. There's areas of the game that I haven't even deeply explored yet myself. Conclave (PvP), Lunaro (Rocket League), Eidolon (MMO) and Archwing (X-Wing vs Tie Fighter) are things that I've just decided to hold aside or stay away from because of my time constraints and interest's sake.

Don't feel daunted though - this game is a marathon against your patience. If you want to explore something, explore it, delve deeply into it, weave through the whole thing, get yourself a depth of knowledge in that area and only once you have explored it all, then move on. Consequence generally with this though is that you'll level up some frames, gather up more frames, gather up weapons, get crafting, get mods, level up mods, understand the player trading market and when you jump on comms, chew the fat a lot to get a better understanding.

2. connico

connico Member

What FerrisXB9R says.. 10 hours a week is going to give you a lot of length with the game. To get the base available content for free right now its going to take you a year at the rate. If you hook up with the old timers, we could farm the base frames quickly if the RNG gods are nice... :p

The Prime frames are a totally different matter... and the addon frames or story line frames will be a even more content for you :p

3. Dilligaf666

Dilligaf666 Member

Hard to believe is virtually free to play for the size of this -I am a week in and on my 3rd planet (Mercury)

4. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Did a run today. Found 4 amber stars in a single run! Utterly incredible... these things aren't meant to drop so frequently!
    [​IMG]

Oh and on another note- LFG! What sort of time do people have this or next week to run through some of that content in Cetus - give me a guide as to what is happening there and I guess maybe also team up and do the event that's playing out there at the moment?

I'm generally free most nights except Wednesday where I'd be on later.

5. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

I've started getting back into this because I got bored of Destiny 2 lol. When the update drops it'll probably divide my time but for now, Warframe is back on.

Been so long since I've played however, so many new changes!

6. cowboyjai

cowboyjai Member

I'm jumping back in as well, is there an OCAU clan I could join?

7. OJR

OJR Member

LOL, I'm here because I've had enough of Bungie's shit as well.

ni9ht_5ta1k3r and Bertross like this.
  8. Bertross

Bertross Member

another one on the list. My first and last bungie game :)

9. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

gonna download it tonight. i think i still have an account from way back when the game was still in its early days, I've just been lapsed for so long.

10. Wozzernux

Wozzernux Member

^ I know your gaming history, you need to commit more than two weeks to get anywhere in Warframe :lol:

connico and FerrisXB9R like this.
  11. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

too many games, not enough time to play them all!

Wozzernux likes this.
  12. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Don't waste your or our time in WF then dude. It's a serious time commitment to get anything done in this game.

13. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I'm already in deep with the division :p

14. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

You jump between too many games too often for me to accept that at face value. You're playing tdiv NOW, is more accurate. If you're still playing the division pretty much daily for over a month, then I'll agree with you.

walker_2003 and Wozzernux like this.
  15. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Gotta keep things fresh.

16. OJR

OJR Member

This game looks amazing! and runs really well. I think I prefer it over the Division.

17. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Is there a discord for this game?

18. Wozzernux

Wozzernux Member

Fez has a Discord server, here's a permanent invite link: https://discord.gg/f9G3GGq

19. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Seems like this game is getting a bit of a revival from my steam list and a few diff discords I'm on. I assume because destiny2 sucked so badly.

I barely gave it a go the first time around, so I've grabbed it with a couple of friends and spent a stupid amount of time on it in the last week. I generally don't like looters like diablo much, but the shooter side of this means I'm actually enjoying the grind. Unsure if it will last yet, but it's been a fun first week.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  20. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Back to Warframe after some months away. nek minnit, 5GB update. :shock: