1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Warframe

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by boneburner, Jun 27, 2012.

1. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Yeh they added the new quest. It is pretty short, but continues the story a bit. As always, it raises more questions than it answers. Vets might be happy there's a new place to spend 200k of their stockpiled endo :lol: but for the rest of us, it is likely to be ignored until a much much later date.

I've really enjoyed the time I've spent on it, but it is petering out with my group now. Most of us seemed to get the frames and weapons and stuff we wanted, and then saw the focus / eidolon grind and said nooope. You don't need that stuff to be competent in all the high level stuff, so the impetus has been lost. Looking forward to the melee rework though!

2. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

I haven't even really delved much into Eidolon yet!
    Plus I have about 56 million credits, 260k Endo and 83 Ayatan Anasa Sculptures... still have stuff I have to do before getting into Eidolon.

The new update brought about Mesa's Peacemakers, Excalibur's Exalted Blade and Ivara's Artemes Bow as a new "weapon" sitting in your arsenal for you to forma and set up so the weapon doesn't take the stats and bonuses from the consequent weapon you're holding as you enter the mission.

Excalibur Umbra also came along - overpowered over Excalibur Prime. Has Umbra polarity slots and mods which equate to Primed mods that have set bonuses attached. Gives signficant Warframecraft calculation possibilities because you can get all the bonuses but not the negatives like you would if you used Corrupted Mods.... but for Excalibur Umbra only for now.

3. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

So I'm back, and I've been working hard. I've watched a ton of videos and my entire strategy has changed. I'm now MR 13, I'm much more efficient at leveling weapons, and I'm actually useful in a fight. Here are my three favorite recent builds.

Opticor at 17,000 base damage, only one forma.

[​IMG]

Lenz at 15,000 base damage, with orange crits for days (any suggestions at how to get red?). Yeah I'm at six formas, sue me. It's a crowd control beast, and it owns the choke points.

[​IMG]

Incredibly fun Arca Plasmor at 18,000 base damage and only two formas so far. The spread is ridiculous, but with 18k base damage it just doesn't matter. Thinking of stacking two more formas to see what it's like as a crit machine.

[​IMG]

4. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Buy a riven! :lol:

5. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Right after I posted I knew that was coming! :D

6. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Alternatively you can just play (with a) Harrow. Redcrits for dayyyyyyyyyyyyys.

But why are you here... you have forma'ing to do! That opticor and arca both need some love.... and it takes like one ESO 8-rounder to 0-30 something. Get at it!

7. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

I have about half a dozen Harrow chassis already, that thing drops like Oberon.

I've been having fun with Orokin survival recently, leveling weapons from 0-30 in a single mission. I'm already homing in on MR14. But what I really need to do is get around to unlocking all the planets (still not done!), and completing The War Within so I can get on with stuff like the Quills.

8. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Yeah... unfortunately not all his parts are like that. One in particular is rotation C of an infested defection mission. It is a slog and a half :(

Definitely do TWW asap! Even without the cool story stuff, it unlocks sorties which are your source of rivens!

Wozzernux and Fortigurn like this.
  9. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Well I've officially entered the meta game now, having made my first sale of a mod for plat. And so it begins!

10. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

wait... you had over 3.3k plat from BUYING it?!?!?! :| I'm guessing you got a 50/75% off coupon and bought the biggest pack? lol

Plat is so weird in warframe.... its so easy to get, and nothing costs much; vast majority is all 20p to 100p sorta range... except the god tier rivens for the most best weapons, which cost like 3k+ each.s

11. Wozzernux

Wozzernux Member

I refuse to trade rivens with randoms because of the alarmingly high number of platinum chargebacks and "stolen" platinum floating around. DE will remove the stolen plat and/or riven from your account and if you go into negative plat balance your account gets banned - the only way to get your account back is to buy more platinum to get your balance positive again! :Paranoid:

One of our clannies has been playing Warframe for just over a year and recently cracked 20k plat, all earned from trading and not a dollar spent on the game.

If you haven't done The Sacrifice quest yet, all I'll say is you ideally want 200k endo and ~10mil credits on standby to really enjoy Excalibur Umbra :lol:

There was a good 20% jump in prices of ayatan sculptures across the board on warframe.market due to the sudden demand for endo after U23 dropped.

12. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Oh yes when I came back to Warframe this time I received a 50% off coupon and bought the biggest pack. And now I'm getting more plat by selling mods.

Wow, impressive!

13. Sledge

Sledge Member

All these unfamiliar words make this game confusing to me... not that i can play it yet (waiting for new GPU)
    Where's the best place to learn what all these things are?
    like: rivens, endo, crits, formas... etc
    ie.. how do you play this game?

14. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Umbra is the bomb.
    Prior to getting Umbra I had about 260k Endo and after Umbra along with the Forma that is required, 11k Endo left. Also about 12 million credits spent as well to level the stuff up.

ZOMG he's amazing - so much more so than Excalibur

Sledge, you don't need a stonking video card to play Warframe. It's a 4 year old game and while it's been updated since, it's still very capable on a lower end graphics card. I'm on most nights after the kids have gone to sleep - happy to jump on and give you a guide to the initial stages and give you some grounding into the game. Can chat to you via Discord.

In game I'm Der08

15. Wozzernux

Wozzernux Member

Riven mods have multiple variable stats for weapons that you can randomise/reroll to get near endless combinations of stats and perks for any possible weapon in the game

Endo is a resource used to fuel mod fusion, boosting a mod increases it's effective ability and also the cost to use/equip it.

Crits are simply stats for critical hit chance and critical damage for abilities and weapons.

Formas (formae?) are unique items used to build various weapons and customise the mod polarities on your gear, to equip bigger & better mods to make them more powerful.

Warframe Wiki has everything you need to know about the game. :thumbup:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  16. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Woz should really be called the Warframe Wozki

Fortigurn likes this.
  17. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

I should get back into our clan when there's a chance.

18. Wozzernux

Wozzernux Member

TWAT is dead to us, the admin/warlord members went on an asshole power trip and kicked everyone out.

Fez started his own clan that most of us have moved to, we're called Killers Network. You're welcome to join :thumbup:

19. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Woo, that's bad.

Great, I'm in. I'll look you up.

20. Sledge

Sledge Member

Well, i downloaded the game...
    started it, and it downloaded a bit more...
    then went to a window that says 'update failed'
    and then keeps trying to update and fails over and over....
    hrmmm