1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Warframe

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by boneburner, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Wozzernux

Wozzernux Member

Sledge likes this.
  2. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

So, sorties are fun and they pay really well. Meanwhile, I bought a Riven mod for my Lenz. Now it's a 23k orange/red crit monster.

[​IMG]

And speaking of rivens, I've already picked up two in sorties, and I've unveiled one; Aksomati Visisus, with some pretty nice stats.

[​IMG]

3. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Lots of new content announced. Surface of Venus and new Ship space battles combat with multi-crew raiding parties looks fun, such big scale :)

#inbeforedestiny

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  4. Sledge

Sledge Member

#inbeforeStarCitizen

5. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

I've been meaning to mention Star Citizen for a while now, and it has just become an extremely relevant comparison. Or should I say contrast. :D

6. Bauhaus1919

Bauhaus1919 Member

haven't been playing since poe update. I guess there are shit load of contents for me to catch up..

7. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Yeh that doesn't surprise me tbh. I've got just under 500 hrs played, $0 spent, and have pretty much everything I'd need to spend plat on, except OP rivens and cosmetics, and I have about 1.2k plat in the bank. If I was to just continue doing sorties and syndicate stuff I think I'd have close to that within a year, haha. Plat doesn't seem nearly as hard to come by in warframe as the typical F2P game premium currency. Rivens highlight this a bit though, with their insane price tags.

8. Jawar

Jawar Member

Started playing this last week, liking it so far but then again only 10 hours in which is nothing compared to many others.

Got MR3 done but seems unless you have a steady flow of gear you are working through, getting the exp to progress mastery is tough. Was using the excal warframe but good timing meant could get the ash prime warframe from watching 30 mins of their event on twitch. Been using that to get levels to contribute towards mastery but almost seems better off just playing through the planets and worry about mastery later.

One thing I am not sure of is should i be using Endo at this point to rank up mods where i have duplicates or is it a waste as better mods will just drop later on? Finding as equipment is levelled up, i don't have the mods at the moment to consume all the available power (or whatever its called) and then as moving to higher level areas, kit is feeling like not quite powerful enough. Should i just stick with it and wait for better mods to drop or being spending endo at this point?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  9. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Get into the clan most of us are in, several of us have plenty of mods we can give you. Additionally, I have several duplicates of weapons, plus blueprints of weapons, which I can trade with you to help you level up those MRs. Additionally, if you go for a good solid long mission with a few experienced players, you can level up a warframe or weapon (or both), from unranked to 30 in just one mission. This will help you get through those MRs.

10. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Each node on the star chart gives you a bit of mastery the first time you complete it too. Also, always look at the junctions when you get to a new planet, so you don't have to go back and redo missions for junction requirements!

Endo costs for the first few ranks of mods are basically nothing. Ranking your basic damage mods (like Serration, point blank, etc) to 5 or 6 will give you a huuuge boost, for very little endo. More ranks in a mod is almost always better than more mods, but the cost of a new rank is double the previous, so it goes up quickly.

11. DNX

DNX Member

I had same problem and fixed it by clicking on the settings icon on the launch screen and unticking DX 10, DX 11 and bulk download.
    Let it update and then ticking those boxes and it will download a little more.

then all good to go.

12. Roger

Roger Member

Fairly new back into the game as well, watched a few youtube vids on starter guides to get up to speed.

Main things I learned with regard to mods and levelling up MR is:
    - Mods that go up to rank 10 (like Serration), are fairy cheap up to 5, and then go way up in cost, typically as a newer player you wont go past 5 until you are fine tuning things later
    - Sell duplicates for Endo though I have found it useful to keep a low level copy of useful mods for when new weapons are low rank so you have some kind of mods on them to start with
    - Buy blueprints of low level weapons to craft from the market for credits (not platinum) so you are always ranking something up and getting MR experience
    - Once something hits 30, if you don't like the weapon, you can go into your inventory and sell it to free up the weapon slot
    - If you find a mission more difficult or just don't want to run your lower level crap weapons to get MR xp, feel free to equip your most fun weapons to keep progressing the star chart, I've done way too many missions with terrible leveling weapons when I really should have just used a good weapon and not torn my hair out, lol

13. Jawar

Jawar Member

Joining up to clan with people would be good, not sure how invites work in this game but for anyone who can invite, in game name is Stykks_AU

14. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

A friend of mine grabbed the tennocon pass thing when we'd all just started playing a few months ago... so I traded him like 60 prime parts and he exchanged them for ducats and bought me all the primed mods I needed :D I'll never be able to rank them up... but that's ok, I just wanted to have them :lol:

15. Sledge

Sledge Member

is clan joining done in game?
    if so.. I'm Krondorf ;)

16. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

I saw the preview video for the upcoming Fortuna and Railjack expansions, and what can I say but "Star Citizen, please take notes".

17. warhead

warhead Member

Ha! I haven't played since archwing was about to be released. I have A LOT of content to catch up with. Looks like much has changed. And all my old top tier weapons look like they've become garbage now.
    Ingame name is warheadone

18. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Lenz is the new Tonkor.

19. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

links to videos? havent played in over a year and was only for cpl hours

20. Roger

Roger Member

I found these guides (and their content in general) to be pretty good, you can probably skip some parts if you know some of the stuff

walker_2003 likes this.