Warframe

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by boneburner, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Bauhaus1919

Bauhaus1919 Member

Finally ventured into POE all weekend doing bounties and a bit mining/fishing, good fun but my mote AMP sucks so much need to craft asap:lol:

2. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

I have yet to even start fishing. So much stuff you need to do first.

3. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

I've never stopped playing and I've not yet tried fishing!

4. BuZeR

BuZeR Member

Saw a few people ask so far, but is there a Clan for us newbies?

(IGN: Whilezee)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  5. dinkleton

dinkleton Member

Also would like to know how to join the clan? IGN is d1nkletr0n

6. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

I've tried many roles in Warframe over the years; support Trinity, defense Vauban, spy Limbo, pilfering Hydroid. I've never really been great at any of them. But now I have found my calling. I am absolutely getting right into fishing, and I'm loving it. The hit boxes are rather unpredictable, so it's not an exact science, but it's still hilariously good fun. In other news, I've been building up my range of prime frames, currently building Nekros and Mirage Primes, and I've rediscovered Hydroid (10,000 polymer bundles in 17 minutes on Assur, nice). Now I am making my first tentative steps towards building up my operator to prepare for Eidolon hunting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Bauhaus1919

Bauhaus1919 Member

yea Ivara best fishing frame by far!

8. Onthax

Onthax Member

I've just starting playing this last week, keen to clan up and play with others from OCAU

Invite Onthax

9. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

I am on a Mastery Rank riff. By the end of this week I'll have moved from MR12 to MR16 in just under a month. Heading for that end game MR.

10. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

I'm currently halted on the cusp of Mastery Rank 23 into 24.

The MR24 rank test is a bitch. I haven't worked up enough on my operator to make it beefcake enough and consequently the MR test being an Operator Only experiment makes me fail hard. I have to build up the focus and spend it wisely on the schools again to boost the Operator up a bit more before attempting the test. No doubt that when I get to try the test and complete it I'll probably be half way through MR24 on completion...

Till then there's an uncurable tick that makes me twitch each and every time I am at the menus screens or in the orbiter.

11. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

I have been getting back to my Operator since the latest version of Focus came out. Focus farming is much easier now, and it probably only took me 10 days to reach one million focus points to unlock one of my way bound skills. I'm also trying to build standing with the Quills so I can arm my Operator properly.

12. Sledge

Sledge Member

I've tried playing this, but i must be missing something...
    It's just the same thing over and over and over again...
    might delete it

13. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

What is it that you're thinking you're missing?
    This game can be a bit grindy - just like an MMORPG. It has the option however of speeding things up by spending some Platinum. You're always able to get what you want - just depends on how patient you are toward getting it.

14. Sledge

Sledge Member

some sort of flow of a story line maybe? it seems very vague..
    its just go here.. kill them all..
    now go there.. and kill them all..
    now go there.. etc. etc.

15. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

You've picked Warframe up in 3 sentences. :)

You need to remember that Warframe has been making shit up as they have gone along now for over 3 years. Their initial setups weren't all that well thought out because they delivered something which had the basic game mechanics to allow people to play the game. They've iterated and developed on it since and you get some epic quests and some repetitively grindy content. There is basically very little to no lore that makes the basic precepts of the game.

So if you set aside the disjointedness of a story in the game and pare it back to if you're enjoying the mechanics and content of the game and if you enjoy the ability to perform some min/maxing of your frames and weapons then you'll find the content you will really enjoy in this.

I have played a few MMOs where game designers work with the concepts of the game lore and build quests upon it and then create grindiness out of the quests or raids. Within this grindiness you can then seek to bring your character(s) to the pinnacle of where they could possibly get to. You'll have to repeat the same quests and grind process for each and every single character you wish to level up. Warframe swaps this concept around and recognises there are a group of gamers who just like to look at the mechanics of the game and understand how to best min/max their game as a part of their enjoying the content. The difference here is you have all access to all your characters/frames at the same time and you are able to swap and change all your in-game-work of collecting and levelling up mods to chop and change around between all your frames at any time whatsoever.

What I enjoy most about Warframe is that I can get a brand new frame and not be feeling like I'm on crutches in playing content because I have absolutely nothing on what feels like a brand new account. I can get the frame, dump on a few mods and make it semi-respectable and then go contribute to the mission using some of my more levelled up weapons.

There's grindy aspects of the game - for sure - the collecting of frames, weapons and mods. But once you've collected them and you've been able to level them up the interchangeability of all these items between each other allows for a more enjoyable min/max and "theme" type of experience.

16. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

I just finished building Hydroid Prime, Mirage Prime, Nyx Prime, and Oberon Prime; they all finished on the same day. By the time I've finished leveling them all to 30, I think I'll be ready for MR17.

dinkleton likes this.
  17. puzzle

puzzle Member

Started playing this about a week ago. Enjoying the grind so far.
    Interested in joining the clan if there is still space.

ign: Puzzle1610

18. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

there is actually an epic amount of depth to it.. just has to be discovered.. give this a watch

but yes its a grind fest, and people wouldnt have it any other way.

19. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

I've recently completed a 3 Forma build of Inaros.

ZOMG that is a tough muthafuka. Inaros.JPG

6215 health and the Arcane Guardian procs pretty often - means the armour goes up to 1255 with the extra 600 bonus that comes from it. If I've put Scarab Armour on to start with, it's an armour value of 1510!

I don't care about Power Strength because the #1 sand kick ability stuns a big swathe of the room at 28m range for 8 seconds and big deal also on the little amount of health that gets healed up as a result. Do it often enough and health will be 100% very quickly anyway. The 3 Gladiator mods give a set bonus of 30% crit... so I'm going to pair it up with a pair of Prisma Dual Cleavers set up for slash damage and crit. I am interested to seeing how quickly it'll ramp up and get into the red-crit territory.

I've also just had a brain-wave and I'll be putting Arcane Trickery onto him as well. Sand kick to stun, finisher kill to turn invisible and he's now an invisible, unstoppable death machine!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  20. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

I'll be interested to see how you do that. I've been playing with my Prisma Dual Cleavers, and apart from the horribly short reach I can barely get them to do more than 500 damage to anything.