Warframe

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by boneburner, Jun 27, 2012.

1. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

The difference with this combination here is that Inaros is going to be able to wade in with impunity and have no fear of falling flat because he's gone in so close. I will not say this is accurate but a Googled up effective HP calculator indicates that the build I have above with an Arcane Guardian proc active equates to 41,000 health.

The Prisma Dual Cleavers have a base 25% critical chance. Add the 30% chance from the Gladiator mod set, it'll be critting pretty often from the get-go. Warframe-Builder suggests to me that a very quick spool up to the 3x melee multiplier, the crit rate of the weapons at a base is 140%. If the set bonus is multiplicative then this becomes 182%, if it's additive, it's 170% crit. There should be a decent amount of red-mist red-crits happening.

Warframe-Builder suggests that a 3x multiplier gives these weapons at their Berserker hastened swing rate a 79,000dps (or was it 7900dps?). From memory, the build is Primed Pressure Point, Buzz Kill, Berserker, Blood Rush, True Steel, Organ Shatter, Drifting Contact and Justice Blades.

Second to that, with the Arcane Trickery on there, hit #1, dump a target into a finisher state and you're invisible... it doesn't really matter anymore that you have to get in close to land an attack.

If you get hit with a rocket that knocks you off your feet, the Handspring will get you back up really quickly to get into his face and show some retaliation!

Fortigurn likes this.
  2. Kryo

Kryo Member

Hi all

started playing about 2 weeks ago, hit MR7 just playing solo.
    Interested in being in the clan you guys have going as there seems to be a lot of goodies that require clan research.

ign: DougieFromWestOz

3. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

So, Warframe looks very impressive on a QHD monitor @144Mhz. I'm coming from QHD with only a 60Hz refresh rate, so this was quite an eye opener. :wired:

walker_2003 likes this.
  4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yeah any shooter will look amazing at 144hz. Going from 60 to 100+hz is such a treat on the eyes but becomes addictive to hold the higher fps and you may end up like me and unable to play below 80fps with g sync and below 100 without.

Fortigurn likes this.
  5. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

The Grineer spy hacks are significantly easier at 100Hz.

There was a time when the graphics drivers were updated and for some unknown reason the overclocking of the refresh rate dropped back to 59Hz. It was utter night and day in what I was seeing in the game and most vividly so when seeing the Grineer hack panel - I was having a hard time tracking the spin because perceptibly it was quite jumpy.

On a more fun note, last night I was having a quick game and jumped into an Axi fissure infested void run. We spawned the Juggernaut and it got corrupted. I was on my Inaros God-Mode build and was wailing away at it with my Prisma Dual Cleavers. I didn't care at all about the Juggernaut's charge and was almost instantly back on my feet again with the Handspring mod being very helpful and the spines also didn't matter because the 6000 health and massive armour values trivialised the damage so much. When the Juggernaut reared up, it was red-crit city from the cleavers.

So funny.

Next stage with Inaros will be to have a play with the Kubrow and Kavat builds and have them have something along the lines of 13-14k health. :p

Fortigurn likes this.
  6. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

I have to say Warframe just might be the game which drives me to buy a controller. I am so over irritatingly unreliable key combinations.

7. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Eww enjoy the potato aim

8. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

What key combinations are you referring to? Warframe is predominantly a WASD game with a few bits and pieces of other interaction items here and there, the majority of which is done when you're stationary and not using the WASD keys.

If you're referring to other keys such as quick melee attack and reload, I'd recommend that you instead invest into a nice mouse with more buttons. I've bound reload and quick melee attack to the 4 and 5 of mouse buttons and this enables all attack based commands to be functioning off the mouse in sequence with the accurate aiming that comes from mousing.

Is it the bullet jumping that's getting your problems?

9. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

As you guessed, it's bullet jump, virtually every time. I cannot count the number of times I have mashed the keys and done a normal jump, or just done simply nothing. I would use the parkour system a lot more if it was actually reliable. This is especially infuriating in MR challenges which require parkour. Too many times jumping nowhere, or over-shooting and jumping off a platform into nothing, messing up the test and having to wait another 24 hours. I'll take your advice about getting a better mouse.

10. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Up to MR17 now. Currently building another dozen weapons to help advance to the next MR as fast as possible, and also finally picked up all the parts for Equinox after a surprisingly small number of public runs fighting Tyl Regor (RNG was generous).

11. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Perhaps you're being a bit too rushed in the attempt to bullet jump combination. Take it a bit more slowly. Give it at least half a second of CTRL before the SPACEBAR.

I also wouldn't recommend trying to rush the MR. There's no purpose in it for anything now you've got where you are. You have the MR to wield and use everything in the game.

12. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

I've been playing this game for several years now, with three different keyboards over that time, and I've always found the bullet jump irritating. Additionally, giving it half a second of CTRL is simply not an option in a speed limited MR test, or in clutch combat situations.

Ok that's useful to know, I thought some equipment was still behind high end MR walls. Still, increasing MR rank is good for raising daily caps (focus, standing, etc).

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  13. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

I cannot offer you advice without seeing what you are actually doing and to do that I think would require you to be doing some sort of recording of your keyboard usage. I can only offer you information towards what I do when I have triggered troubles with my bullet jump which generally occurs if I'm trying to keyboard mash the buttons too quickly.

The highest MR you need is 16. Riven mods at their highest requires 16. Highest weapon is Aklex Prime at 15. Anything more than the 17 that you are at is just more icing on the cake.

Fortigurn likes this.
  14. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

So, now I have the extravagantly named Corsair Dark Core RGB SE gaming mouse. My first action was to create a bullet jump macro for the sniper button. Wow. :shock: This has solved all my bullet jump problems. One conveniently positioned click, and I'm reliably bullet jumping all over the place. It has made a huge difference to my mobility, and the mouse itself is a real delight to use. Now to program some more macros. :weirdo:

walker_2003 and Wozzernux like this.
  15. Wozzernux

Wozzernux Member

On my previous/ancient G5 refresh I had to screw around with the Logitech Setpoint software + Uberoptions plugin to get a reliable two button macro for crouch + melee for Adaro stealth focus farming :Paranoid:

Had a G603 since November and the newer LGS takes literally seconds to set up any macro you could possibly want :thumbup:

Always been skeptical about mice with tons of buttons on them though...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  16. Onthax

Onthax Member

Will Need to get onto setting up macros for the bullet jump, just been using defaults for now.

Do people slide or roll in their Bullet jumps or just aim with no slide?

17. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

For something completely different...

18. Bauhaus1919

Bauhaus1919 Member

I prefer default bullet jumping tbh. It allows you to control the pace of jumping like slide longer then jump.

Fastest movement would be bullet jump - roll in the air - slide-bullet jump. I remapped my roll into Z so you can use your ring finger to roll.

Been farming like mad since June to catch up 2 years gap, I have done:

built 223 amp
    killed tridolon with 6 forma lanka and oberon solo
    Farmed all the prime up to date
    Farmed nidus harrow and khora
    Formaed khora and cat 8 times total
    build 2 zaws
    rolled shit ton of riven and got 2 godlike
    Farmed eso 100+times for vendal braton and lato
    Maxed 3 prime mods

feels pretty good and I can rest for bit to play other games! Warframe is so good at this you can just let it sit for abit and come back play catch up.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  19. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

That is definitely the best part. I've put a lot of work in over the last three months, moving up from MR12 to MR17, unlocking systems, completing quests, upgrading focus, building huge syndicate rep, and a lot of other stuffs, and now I'm about ready to let it go for a while and return to some other games.

20. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Revenant quest is now available. I've got a bit to unlock before I can even start farming for him. Gated shit FTL.

Revenant is the ultimate spin to win frame. Saw it last night in the sortie. Such a joke.