WAR Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by ScytheX, Jun 2, 2007.

1. BuZeR

BuZeR Member

Im just starting my account back up with the free 10 day trial... I'll see if anything has changed, first look there are ALOT less servers, hopefully that means more PvP, but i'll see.

If anyone wants to give it a go send me a private message and i'll send you an invite via the "Recruit-a-Friend" scheme, so i get free items ;)

2. Llore

Llore Member

I'm giving this a go again but I can't actually get into the game - it's really annoying that you can only find this out after you pony up the money.

Problem:

Load patcher - all good
    Check files
    press play
    go through intro movies
    loads eula and eula box - no 3d or other graphics of any kind, all freezes then crashes to desktop.

I've tried everything in the WAR forums and no help at all. A few others have been having this problem as well but haven't found a resolution.

Specs - win 7, gtx925, i920, 6gb ram, dlink wireless extreme card, through linksys wag160n router.

Everything else works apart from this game. Tried for about 3 weeks on and off through reinstalls, file checks, driver updates/rollbacks firewall alterations, port forwarding everything.

Anyone got any ideas?

3. Llore

Llore Member

Now that I got this thing working finally, anyone still play? I'd like to get in the guild. Kelmar on Volkmar.

4. DJester

DJester Member

5. kabab

kabab Member

I've been playing again...

The game is taking a turn for the better for sure the new city sieges are much better!

Worth checking out again imho.

6. ZXR

ZXR Member

I just bought this from EB for $4 so thought I'd give it a spin. What server are the Aussies located? I've created a toon on Volkmar for now to have a play.

Any advice from previous/current players on what I should and shouldn't do?

-ZXR

7. 2d_freak

2d_freak (Banned or Deleted)

you paid $3 more then its worth

free trial forever T1 scenarios is this game at its peak

8. peg

peg Member

People are leaving in droves now, at least order on Volk seem to all be quitting. I'm at 72rr & crawling thanks to destro dominating orvr, almost all rr is coming from sc's & hence it's moving fucking slow.

Prolly gonna quit soon, fuck taking 6mths just to go from 72 to 80. :mad::(

9. kabab

kabab Member

It's a shame though because the game is actually really good now the problem is players :/ We need more population.

10. kabab

kabab Member

11. Silent Remorse

Silent Remorse GAMING OVERLORD

Revisiting this game is throwing good money after bad, numerous patches and content packs can't fix what are honestly dreadful flaws with this game.

I wrote this late last year - http://gamerlimit.com/2009/10/editorial-wars-woes/ - sums up my thoughts.

The game relies almost completely on a large population to survive. The lower the player base, the more unplayable it becomes. I'd judge that, at the moment, it would be ridiculous to expect a new player would be greeted with a good experience, along with the want to continue to a higher level.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  12. kabab

kabab Member

Not true at all..

The Badlands server is packed 24x7 from tier 1 to 4 its completely possible to level to 40 completely through rvr with no down time..

There are fights quiet often with 500+ players and constant scenario pop's..

Some of the other server are a little more quiet but badlands is very active and the game is better then ever.

13. Psycho84

Psycho84 Member

Hrm, when one of the servers is having stability issues because there are so many people on it I would question the notion that numbers are a problem with the game.

14. Silent Remorse

One two major server being full is hardly the pillar of success. All it means is that if I want to play with people, I need to sardine myself into a packed server instead of joining a medium pop and having a more comfortable yet still social play.

15. kabab

kabab Member

Why are you being so negative about a game you clearly have not played in a long time..

WAR currently is really fun and some great new changes are on the way why be so negative?

16. Stevros

Stevros Member

Hahaha some people are insanely good at finding things to whinge about.

17. FiShy

FiShy Member

didnt they kill the aussie servers?

18. kabab

kabab Member

Yeah unfortunately but it's quiet playable on us servers lag isn't really an issue.

19. 2d_freak

2d_freak (Banned or Deleted)

yes lag isnt an issue in pvp ...

get your hand off it you bright wizard poof

20. Silent Remorse

Just like people are insanely good at defending a bad game.