Watch Dogs 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Yerolo, Jun 9, 2016.

1. toje

toje Member

Its just a thing for some people, they really enjoy it.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  2. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

clearly you're not a completionist.

3. power

power Member

Finally got around to finishing this on the weekend and well, my impressions - this is a truly under rated game. Firstly the city, it is every bit as good as R*'s Los Santos, although in many ways it is actually a lot better - they are both great. The story itself is actually not bad at all and visually this game is brilliant - there are things that WD2 does that GTA just didn't. I remember being wowed by GTA5 but WD2 just kicked it up a notch from there. Graphics are actually WD2's best feature.

There was even room for improvement as I would love to run 4K on this but had to settle for 1440P to get a nice framerate - but still at 1440P it looked a lot better than many other games I've been playing lately.

A very solid port too, I played this almost solidly for 2 days and had no crashes at all, to anyone wondering if this is worth picking up - I'd say if you liked any of the GTA games or the first WD this is a no brainer. Just get it.

The only letdown was the really average radio stations and the audio in general wasn't 100% great. The same could be said of the first game actually but in the overall scheme of things that's not a deal breaker but it's a bit disappointing.

I played on an XB1 controller and found everything to control quite well although the in car for using the radio was pretty rubbish. (hold left stick and use right stick!?). I assume this had something to do with using your haxoring while driving but it's worth mentioning.

I had a lot of fun playing and I do hope that they make another one. I did find I was able to game the game on a few occasions but that's ok, it's a sandbox to play with as you see fit.

I'd give it an 8/10 and for reference I'd give GTA5 a 9/10, about as close as you'd get to GTA without being GTA. That's not to say it's a poor mans GTA, it's just a bit different in some ways and not always for the better but in other ways it is better - but overall not quite as good. That's probably the best summation I can give.

Almost forgot, multi - got invaded by noobs a few times and they were just annoying, same as the first game very easy to find and kill invaders.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  4. Azrael

Azrael Member

This has finally come to the top of my backlog to play, but having issues with it crashing on load. There seemed to be an nVidia bug a while back in the 384.xx driver releases, and an associated hotfix for those drivers. Im running latest (385.41) and still getting the issue.

Anyone have a fix, or will it have to be dumped back into the queue?

5. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

tried this?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/447040/discussions/0/1368380934291923064/#c1368380934293171000

6. Azrael

Azrael Member

7. Azrael

Azrael Member