Water Block for EVGA 1080 GTX SC2 Question

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by Sup3rFly, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Sup3rFly

Sup3rFly Member

Hi All,

Been searching for a water block for the EVGA 1080 GTX SC2 without any success.

I contacted EVGA and their support said they have no list of compatible water blocks currently. They also mentioned you cannot use the SC water block because of the extra sensors on SC2 and it having a slightly different layout.

I contacted EK and their response was "We unfortunately have no future plans to support EVGA 1080 GTX SC2"

Does anyone have any suggestions or idea's to water cool this card? I would ideally love a full water block, but at this stage it seems like it's not going to happen :(.

Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  2. havabeer

havabeer Member

either go a universal block which won't do the VRM's
    Or
    Design a full coverage block your self
    Or
    Stay with air cooling

3. OP
    OP
    Sup3rFly

Sup3rFly Member

Being new to water cooling, I may stay away from creating my own for now. Pretty sure my only option right now is to stay with air for the GPU.

Thanks for the input mate.

4. shmity

shmity Member

Just to dig this up a bit, an SC2 owner looks to have modified their card to remove the DVI connector and the fan header

https://imgur.com/a/24tzF

Having a look through that series of photos however, it looks like you could get a Titan XP block (which has allowance for the DVI connector) and remove a small section of the acetate next to the power connectors and make allowances for the fan header. No need to modify the card and you're not removing any important material on the block.

5. im late

im late Member

I clone Havabeer's post above, except to add that option 1 can also have VRM heatsinks attached to the vital places.

IMO the easiest approach here is to just swap the video card with one that has waterblock support. Or sell, and use money to buy one that does have waterblock support.

In case you do not know, here is a great place to find out exactly which video card EK has support for.

Here is a block that supports all Nvidia 1080/1070 reference PCB video cards.