Water Cooling = Dead?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Azzan, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Azzan

Azzan Member

Meet the THERMOSIPHON!

Nethiuz likes this.
  2. havabeer

havabeer Member

Seems ok. Really is just a better heat pipe design.

Wont kill water cooling. Especially when you want to add a gpu into the mix. Will have to wait and see how the slimmed down model will go.

Seems more like a noctua killer, not water killer.

phat larry likes this.
  3. theSeekerr

theSeekerr Member

4. OP
    OP
    Azzan

Azzan Member

This isn't related to Thermosiphon, but thought I'd post it here rather than making new thread.
    New Zalman CNPS20X seems to be outperforming Noctua NH-D15 on all tests according to this review.

Hopefully we can get them locally soon, and maybe even better than the new Noctua NH-D15 replacment?

Bolter01 likes this.
  5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Can someone make a quick summary of this Linus's vid? I can't bring myself to listen to his voice :/

6. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

The dumbass doesn't know how to install his coolers, or he's made some other gigantic screw up in the methodology.

The Deepcool AIO he uses in the testing has been benched & tested as roughly the same as the NH-D15 in terms of cooling performance, and yet in his 3900x tests it's 8 degrees cooler than his testing of the NH-D15. That's an insane difference from two products whose performances have until now been testing pretty much identically. I would also say it should be damn near physically impossible for the single tower 17X cooler he's testing to be 4 degrees cooler than the NH-D15.

7. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

base plate design is a HUGE factor for Ryzen, direct touch heatpipes are terrible for Ryzen, bow mounts are terrible for Ryzen, and so on. Even if everything else is equal, this will matter. The X99 setup that Gamers Nexus use uses a huge monolithic die with a soldered heatspreader which normalises the difference in base plate performance so you can't rely on their numbers either for AM4.

I'll give you an example from personal experience, cooling a 5820K pushing over 200W with a 120mm AIO, it was easy to keep it under 80C. the exact same cooling setup, trying to cool a 3900X pushing 170W it struggles to keep it under 100C.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  8. dasa2

dasa2 Member

Looking at toms hardware review the only reason it outperforms the Noctua is the high fan speed and at the same noise level (50% fan speed vs 100%) they are about equal despite the Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3 being less than half the weight.

9. Bolter01

Bolter01 Member

So it cools your graphics card as well...?

oh, so maybe water cooling has a little life left in it hey...?

the only thing Dead is your inability to 'get with the flow, bro'

they are pretty amazing cooler's though, still I would much rather a water block everyday of the week. If your running a 3900X @ stock volts you deserve 80c, 100c is ridiculous

10. Hater

Hater Member

Does every one of these hardware reviewers need to be annoying as hell with stupid facial expressions? Is it a requirement?

mAJORD likes this.
  11. Bolter01

Bolter01 Member

says the upside down cat... and yes

so here is a water cooler I have ordered especially for you Azzan, Happy Birthday!!

are you ready Kids!...Ohhhh!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020