1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Water Cooling hoarders - drowning alive. Excess gear circle jerk.

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by Kommandant33, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

Thinly veiled "check out how much gear I have" thread..

Please note, even though there is excess here, nothing in this thread is for sale. if you want to buy something, stick to the For Sale - PC related or the WTB. This is merley a circle jerk thread.

So this afternoon, I decided to go through my box of spare fittings, and start listing my inventory using the PCCG wishlist feature...

Over here

And this is even before I go out into the garage where the rest of my watercoolig gear is.

So come here to either display your un-used gear with shame, or with pride. No one is here to judge.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  2. Oblivion-330

Oblivion-330 Member

A few weeks back I found a box in my shed full of forgotten watercooling parts, 2x 240 rads, 1x 120rad, 1 res, 2 cpu blocks, 2 pumps, some random fittings and a bunch of clear and black tubing pieces. :thumbup:

3. Muchoman1

Muchoman1 Member

10pp

:thumbup:

4. auApex

auApex Member

Not quite at that level but I've acquired a fair bit of stuff I'm not using. For some reason I currently have FOUR D5 vario pumps, two of which are installed in my current build. I've also got a 360 GT rad sitting around, a couple of CPU blocks and an shitload of fittings.

With fittings, I figure the best approach is to hoard as many as you can with as much variety as possible. That way you'll be covered for pretty much any build ever, as long as you stick to one watercooled PC. I have something like 15 Koolance compressions, four Koolance 45 degree fittings, two Bitspower 90 degree rotating fittings, two Alphacool Dual Rotating 45 Degree fittings, 6 Bitspower 15mm extenders, a couple of T fittings and a few XSPC barbs. I still need a few more angled fittings to complete my next build. One more order from PCCG and I should have all the fittings I'll ever need.

5. kickmic

kickmic Member

I'm not sure whether I find your thread comforting (in that I'm not alone) or just another hard hitting reminder that I put too much energy into PC's...

Are the old days.... was the pre-custom WC system really that bad?

[​IMG]

6. OP
    OP
    Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

This is my thought process exactly.

And if I ever get out of the watercooling game, at least BP fittings hold a bit of value :thumbup:

Yes.

7. Kosti

Kosti Member

i should just post up Yellow Jacket :leet:

8. Jakusonfire

Jakusonfire Member

Click to view full size!

Post recent clean out. Mainly Carbon Black and Matte Black. Not including the radiators, tubing, and other bits and pieces.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  9. shane41

shane41 Member

Where's Fuddy Munster??

He'd have a bit stashed in that cupboard :tongue:

10. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

now i have an excuse to clean up and inventory lol.. no idea what I have but it seems like every time I move around this room I trip over rads..

11. Huggy_Bear64

Huggy_Bear64 Member

I've stashed all my shit in a tub under the house. I did manage to hock some of it to my old housemate for a cool $150 though (basically built him a whole loop out of my old shit).
    I've still got a 240 rad, DDC + 2 tops, several km of old toob, a whole bunch of 3/8|1/2 comps, some rotaries, a shoggy sandwich, a phobya res and probably some shit I can't remember.

I'd be interested in what Creekin's got stashed away, if he's still around.

Edit: Oh and I can't forget the spare bitfenix prodigy I've stashed in the study :Paranoid:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  12. Saate

Saate Member

MDPC Sleeving - I think I might even have more than in this pic too, totally gonna use it some day too. Totally.

[​IMG]

13. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

Lol, he's like the phantom of the opera lurking around here.

I've got some old 240 rads knocking around, still watertight but all scuffed up and dented from going in and out of builds. A d-tek fusion 775 water block collecting dust somwhere.

14. Huggy_Bear64

Huggy_Bear64 Member

Oh yeah I forgot about the miles of pink (it was supposed to be purple :rolleyes:) MDPC sleeve I've got stashed with the toob.

15. kickmic

kickmic Member

cool, now i have indisputable evidence to use against those (wife?) who dare question the necessities of wc

16. kickmic

kickmic Member

can you add an extra case - FT02? or you didn't grab it? FT02 with external rad - have to be the ducks nuts wouldn't it?

17. BigDave

BigDave Member

My wife thinks all computers are Watercooled except lappys :lol:

No air cooling here that she can see :D

18. OP
    OP
    Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

how funny... I didn't see this post until now, and I only JUST picked up (and ripped apart) an FT02 :D

I was just in the garage pulling apart the case for a slow-burner build (over here, for those of you playing at home) and I thought I would sort out some of the shit in my watercooling box... here it is...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. leck

leck Member

Impressive :0 I started freaking out once it outgrew the two boxes I had allocated. At one stage I had 9rads, about 60 fittings, 20 odd fans and a few reservoirs including 2 koolance which were the same. When you start buying extra same model reservoirs you know it's a problem. Was quickly sorted out thanks to a few sales and give always :)

Sitting under the 1 box threshold now but still pore ore most fs threads involving wc gear. My builds dying for an overhaul though :)

20. Jakusonfire

Jakusonfire Member