Watercooling, finally.

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by Huggy_Bear64, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Brianf1971

Brianf1971 Member

The only Tube that looks out of place is Res to Pump top, but not that bad, it's hard to tell from pics but have you thought of using

http://www.thekoolroom.com/product/bitspower-g14-carbon-black-triple-rotary-90-degree-g14-extender/

Plus

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_300_1402&products_id=20340 or longer to connect the two ?

The other option is turn the pump on it's end and use http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_300_1402&products_id=20339

to connect the two

As I said hard to tell from the pics the clearances and how things line up, also with the second option you would need to re-tube the pump outlet or use a 90 which you said you didn't like.

Brian

2. OP
    OP
    Huggy_Bear64

Huggy_Bear64 Member

3. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

cool build log bro

4. OP
    OP
    Huggy_Bear64

Huggy_Bear64 Member

yeah man.

Too poor for the next stage, but I've got big plans to downsize to mATX with a nice Max V Gene and some HD7970s :thumbup:
    Going to need external rad though, which could get annoying :Paranoid:

5. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

mATX is for noobs lol and amd cards are also for noobs if going crossfire :p

6. OP
    OP
    Huggy_Bear64

Huggy_Bear64 Member

Better than fucking nvidia.
    WTF dual slot cards. Eww. :sick:

Edit: Full size mobos are for noobs.

What would you need to waste all that space on?
    I can fit crossfire GPUs, a soundcard, an overclocked CPU and a bunch of HDDs in a mATX case. Why would I bother with a big, ugly full size thing? :confused:

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  7. aeries

aeries Member

i smell a fight.

mATX :thumbup:
    Red team :thumbdn: until 8k series comes out, if its what it looks like on paper then :thumbup:

8. xRdawGz

xRdawGz Member

wait till you see my matx buildlog, coming soon ;)

9. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Haha my mATX comment was just trolling but I'm serious about AMD cards for dual card Setups. Some of the frame dropping/cheating articles even with 7970s on current drivers are just downright scary.

I am keen to see what 8000 series brings though

10. aeries

aeries Member

on paper it's supposedly the 780 but at half the price

11. BigDave

BigDave Member

not really :D This is my server :p

[​IMG]
    Click to view full size!

if you want some more links to some other (M-ATX) TJ08-E builds let me know.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  12. OP
    OP
    Huggy_Bear64

Huggy_Bear64 Member

OK so it's only been three years, but my loop finally gave up, popped a tube, and pissed water all down the inside of my case.
    Through some incredible fluke, nothing expensive got soaked, so I just had to dismantle the loop and retube it, but I also took the liberty of cleaning everything and finding a better way to mount the pump.
    After scrubbing weird white goop from inside all of the waterblocks I think I had a plasticiser problem as well, so all new tubing was required with primochill stuff (that doesn't even come in UV purple :upset: ).

Click to view full size!

It turns out 90 degree rotary fittings start to leak after 5ish years, which explains the big loops of tubing in the middle.

Click to view full size!

I am a huge fan of the new pump placement in almost all respects, but bleeding an upside down pump is the fucking worst; it took like 3 solid hours of fucking with it until I realised I had to take it out, turn it right way up, bleed the loop, then screw it back in up top. :tired:

Click to view full size!

PS black on black is super hard to photograph with a phone camera through a case window, sorry about the image quality.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016